CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > Data Management
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-11-2007, 06:03 AM

create part group

Hi,
Is it possible with model manager to save assembly without create Masterdata and all of the part in this assembly with Masterdata !
I would like to create "virtual assembly" to group parts in Modeling for easily manipulate them but not to see this group in bom but all of its parts.

Thanks you
Old 09-11-2007, 11:34 AM

Re: create part group

I'm not sure about that (I don't remenber...) :if you perform right mouse key over model manager icon,
you'll be able to save by pkg (without save all the masterdata and still using MM)

Regards
Ukawa

Last edited by ukawa; 09-11-2007 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-12-2007, 09:51 AM

but i want to save all the parts contained in the assembly in MM with Masterdata (only the assembly itself without masterdata in order that it will not appears in BOM...)
Old 09-12-2007, 10:53 AM

There are a couple of ways that you can do this:

1: Mark each part and assembly as a 'reference' inside of OSDM. A reference part is basically a model which will not have Masterdata created and will not be included in the BOM. To mark a model as a reference, go to the DB Attributes Tab -> Bill-of-Material -> Select a model -> Check the 'reference' check box.
2: Alternatively, you could edit your XML file and toggle the option in the XML file called <CreateNewParts>. This will prevent Masterdata been created during any save, I would advise against this approach though as it doesn't seem to match what you are trying to achieve.

Cheers,

Ben Nelson
Old 09-13-2007, 09:43 AM

It doesn't work as i want : If the assembly is save as "reference", parts of this assembly will also be considered as reference. (Or they will not be link to the upper assembly and then not appear in bom ! i don't know anymore but i have already tried that)