CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > Annotation

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-26-2012, 07:30 AM

Change notes from ModelManager

I am working on new drawing frames and am curious how others work with the change note information passed from ModelManager, CN1, CN2, etc.

In our current install with Modeling v16.5 and WorkManager v12 we have the switch
"LET Awmc_val_max_change_notes 1"
in our
~WMDT_DIR\aips\me10\startup\cust.m file.
Unless I'm forgetting some other fix in place, the switch worked for Drafting and Annotation so that only the latest change note information was showing in the revision block.

Unfortunately, it appears the latest version of the software seems to require a new file in a new directory
(C:\Program Files\PTC\Creo Elements\Direct Modeling 18.1\Annotation\win\desktop\aips\me10\custom\ui_cust.m).
I say unfortunately because this is specific to each install, rather than set it once and it works for all as it would be if it were in SDSiteCustomize or WMDT_DIR.

I don't want to have to manage this setting for each install. What is the best way to manage this?

What is the default Awmc_val_max_change_notes?

If I need to have the default number of change notes on my frame, can I have all but the latest rev in hidden text, or will that just give me unexpected results?

Is there a better place to set Awmc_val_max_change_notes?
If not, does this mean I need to have the default number of change notes on my frame, or can I just use the max change note, i.e. can I set the text reference CN5 (assuming 5 is the max) rather than CN1 as we currently use?

Thanks for the help.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:04 PM

Re: Change notes from ModelManager

I've done a little testing and find that the default Awmc_val_max_change_notes appears to be 8.

If you put all 8 change note text references on your drawing CN1 will be the oldest of the 8 most recent change notes, for example if rev K is the most recent: CN1=C, CN2=D, CN3=E, CN4=F, CN5=G, CN6=H, CN7=J, CN8=K

If you have less than 8 change notes, CN1 will populate first with the oldest (i.e CN8 won't populate until there at least 8 change notes). For example if rev C is the most recent: CN1=A, CN2=B, CN3=C, CN4 empty, CN5 empty, etc.

This answers the question
Quote:
Can I have all but the latest rev in hidden text, or will that just give me unexpected results?
If all but CN1 were hidden text, it would show rev A until I passed rev H. Once I passed rev H it would show the oldest of the 8 most recent change notes.
If all but CN8 were hidden text it would not show anything until I'd created revs A, B, C, D, E, F, G, and H, after which point it would always show the latest revision.

I'm still hoping to find a way to set the Awmc_val_max_change_notes in a generic (preferably network) location.

Last edited by gmatelich; 10-02-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-12-2012, 11:25 AM

You can also set the location of the desktop directory by environment variable WMDT_DIR_CUSTOM.
The corresponding macro is this:

DEFINE Awm_get_desktop_directory
LET Dms_return_val ( GETENV 'WMDT_DIR_CUSTOM' )
IF ( Dms_return_val = '' )
LET Dms_return_val ( MEDIR + '/desktop/' )
END_IF
END_DEFINE

Be aware though, this would mean that the *complete* desktop directory would be expected when WMDT_DIR_CUSTOM is set,

Besides that, no other environment variable is evaluated, so you do not have the possibility to specify an “alternative” place for customizations.
You can trace the activation of Modelmanager as follows:

- Start Modeling
- Activate Annotation
- Start tracing of Annotation by this command: (docu-cmd "TRACE DEL_OLD 'C:/temp/anno_trace.txt'")
- Activate ModelManager
- Stop tracing of Annotation by this command: (docu-cmd "TRACE OFF")
- Then look at the trace file 'C:/temp/anno_trace.txt'

If you find something that I have overlooked, please let me know.
Old 04-02-2019, 07:45 AM

In the same location as your am_customize file, create a new file "am_mm_customize" with the following or similar text.
Code:
(oli::sd-execute-annotator-command :cmd "INPUT './AWMCMacros.m'"), 
(oli::sd-execute-annotator-command :cmd (format nil "INPUT '~A/Annotation/AWMCMacros.m'" (oli::sd-sys-getenv "SDSITECUSTOMIZEDIR")):if-does-not-exist nil)
In the same location as your am_mm_customize file, create a new file "AWMCMacros.m" with the following text, but if you want more than 1 change note, change the numbers 1 to whatever your preference is.
Code:
LET Awmc_val_max_change_notes 1
LET Twa_val_max_change_notes 1