CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-18-2010, 01:39 PM

are you KIDDING me?!

SO... I'm wondering either a) is there a way to fix it, or b) does someone on here have the paid version and could do me a huge favor? I just need to send this to someone, have them open it, delete a part (just a random nut or washer would be fine) and then send it back to me...

here's the file-

http://tonybombardo.com/full%20model.zip

Last edited by tbombardo; 11-18-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 11-18-2010, 10:21 PM

Re: are you KIDDING me?!

Hi,

this file cannot be opened in the full version of Modeling. The full version has the file format pkg, and pk2 can only be opened in PE. When customers upgrade, CoCreate offers to convert the pk2 files to pkg.

Kind regards,
Jaap
Old 11-19-2010, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkramer View Post
Hi,

this file cannot be opened in the full version of Modeling. The full version has the file format pkg, and pk2 can only be opened in PE. When customers upgrade, CoCreate offers to convert the pk2 files to pkg.

Kind regards,
Jaap
Oh no...

this is bad
Old 11-19-2010, 05:25 AM

Hi
Better to ask PTC directly, they do help sometimes.
F
Old 11-19-2010, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phobia1 View Post
Hi
Better to ask PTC directly, they do help sometimes.
F
yeah, I just went and posted in the PTC forums because their customer service sometimes answers questions in there it looks like...

I was trying to find some sort of live online help, or a support line or email address, but couldn't really find anything... i might have to keep looking.

I just can't get over the fact that it would let me save a file if it had too many parts in it, and then not let me re-open it, or at least give me an option to delete something before it would reopen the model...
Old 11-19-2010, 05:58 AM

So, what is your issue? Your file loads just fine in PE version 3.0
Do you get any error message?

FYI: a PK2 file is already compressed. No need to zip it.

BTW: What's with all the workplanes? You don't need them.
Old 11-19-2010, 06:03 AM

hah, yeah... I have a lot of workplanes that I can get rid of.... I'm just learning the software and keep forgetting to change that setting that makes them not stay there...

The reason i zipped it was becuase I was having trouble getting it to download from the server as a pk2 file (when i put the URL in , it just didn't download anything)

The error message I get says that I have 61 parts and that there's a limit of 60 and that it can't open the model. Would you be able to email me that file back with a few nuts or washers removed?
Old 11-19-2010, 06:24 AM

you know what, I just had a thought... I bet I had exactly 60 parts, and need to delete the part that cocreate opens with (the default P1 that's in the draw list.) going to try it now and post results...

EDIT- Yep... that worked. Thanks for the help guys, Mike S- disregard my PM. Thanks!
Old 12-01-2010, 08:21 AM

LOL
Thanks for posting the solution. When I do a new install that's one of the first settings I fix - don't automatically create a part. With other updates I think this is a setting that should just go away, or at least be off by default. I'm not fond of automatically creating a new workplane, but at least see how that can be helpful to some that are just starting.
Old 12-01-2010, 08:41 AM

eh, neither of those things have really been all that helpful for me as a new user. haha. The work plane is alright , but i would have found the option to create one sooner or later anyway. I don't really even understand how to use the part it automaticaly creates (unless you're numbering all your parts instead of naming I guess...) but it does come in handy when I want to take a screenshot or a model and don't want one of my parts highlighted in green, i just set p1 as the active part. (is there any way to de-activate parts, or can you only switch which part is active/outlined in green?)
Old 12-02-2010, 05:37 AM

I created a toolbar button to do that. What it does, is create a new part with a name that I would not normally use, then deletes that part by name.
Code:
create_part :name "null" complete
delete_3d "/null" complete