CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Annotator

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-30-2002, 05:29 AM
David Cowles

Reattaching Dimensions to Circles

I am having a terrible time reattaching dimensions to circles. My situation is that a dimensioned circle is red after an update. The 'new' circle is cyan and right on top of the old circle. If the original dimension was to the center of the circle, it is now to a point and 'Move Dimension Vertex' refuses to recognize the center of the circle as a valid destination. If the original dimension was to a centerline on the circle, that centerline is attached to the red circle and goes away if the red circle is deleted.
Old 04-30-2002, 06:06 AM
David Cowles

re: Reattaching Dimensions to Circles

I love answering my own questions. I did find a crazy work-around for this problem. - Move the red circle somewhere else (this breaks the attachment to the centerline) - Delete the red circle (the centerline remains) - Create 'new' centerline on the circle (otherwise the centerline goes away on the next update) - Voila! The centerline has been attached to a new circle without losing any dimensions. I still would prefer a simple 'Reattach Centerline' command.
Old 04-30-2002, 08:14 AM
Jim McKim

re: Reattaching Dimensions to Circles

Another workaround I've used is to attach the old dimension temporarily to some other element, then do what ever cleanup you need to do (deleting old element, creating new centerlines, etc.), then reattach the dimension to the desired element. When I do this, I try to make the temporary attachment be something that is obviously "wrong" so that it is apparent that it is only temporary and easy to spot, just in case...