CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Annotator

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-22-2001, 01:05 AM
Ernest Smit

ME10 Tablet in Annotation

In ME10 we used to have tablets which our engineers appreciate very much. It works much faster and RSI-troubles seem to be much less. This is especially the case when the design is ready and many drawings need get ready ASAP. With Annotation tablets are no longer possible. I would like to know what your experiences are with this matter. Would you like to use a tablet in Annotation (again)? (we use SD on HP-UX)
Old 01-26-2001, 02:49 AM
John Bruce

re: ME10 Tablet in Annotation

Ernest

We have also had the experience that the mouse tends to lead to RSI. One of our users who used to use the tablet 6+ hours a day for years with no problems at all started to have major hand problems with in a few weeks.

CAD work is unlike word-processing in that most of your time is spent using the mouse or pen, with the keyboard being a minor player. Word-processing and most other computer applications are just the opposite, the keyboard is the main player and the mouse is only used once in a while.

I still use a tablet with ME-10 and I wish I could with SD and Annotation.

John

Old 01-27-2001, 08:04 AM
Stefano Strani

re: ME10 Tablet in Annotation

When I was working in ME30 if was funny to use the tablet both in 2D and 3D side,,,but when SD was born they think all around the mouse. I think SD with mouse is not so bad because it was thinked around it with really good things,,,but ME10 was born with tablet and I think no so good only with mouse,,,probably with Annotator it will be better. But I ask why the don't think better to work around a table menu system that starting from the ME30/ME10 experience can grow also in SD/ANNOTATOR,,,working with the tablet is sure faster and better for us using hours any day.