CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Annotator

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-05-2000, 08:01 AM
Jim Kuchar

EconoFast Update accuracy?

We just updated to Solid Designer 7.51 running on windows nt4.0 with fx4 card. There are now two annotator update modes. Regular and EconoFast. My question is,"is an EconoFast created geometry as accurate as the standard update"? For example: I create an extrusion profile using EconoFast. I send the data to a vendor to make the tool. Will the data be accurate enough to make a tool or must I use the regular update?
Old 05-11-2000, 07:08 PM
Stefan Freitag

re: EconoFast Update accuracy?

The EconoFast mode best uses the hardware of graphics cards supporting occlusion culling to classify edges/faces being visible or invisible. To do so, the 3D part(s) associated to the 2D view to be updated will be drawn on the screen. (Within this viewport you probably noticed to appear temporarily).
If the card draws at least one pixel of a certain edge/face then this edge/face is classified to be visible. Otherwise to be invisible.
If an edge/face is smaller then a pixel its not drawn and therefore classified to be invisible.
This is why you will experience some tiny edges missing on your drawing.

However, edges visible will appear in the drawing with the same accuracy as if created with EconoFast mode turned off.

Bottom line, we recommend the EconoFast mode for printouts.
We recommend to turn off the EconoFast mode when you finally create the drawing to be used in automated downstream manufacturing processes (e.g. NC)
Old 06-05-2000, 07:05 AM
Luigi Milano

re: EconoFast Update accuracy?

I believe that you must use EconoFast method only with large assembly when the time of calculation is too much long for you.