CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > Enhancement Requests

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-17-2003, 05:53 AM

Various

The following may already have been submitted or already included in Rev 11.6 but these are my requests.

Having used ME10 / ME30 /SolidDesigner since the early 90’s I still can’t get used to the name “One Space”
Other draughtsmen I speak to who use different cad systems have heard of ME10 & Soliddesigner but not many have heard of One Space.

Suggested Enhancements/Amendments to SolidDesigner Rev 11.5 & ME10 :-

a)Disable Auto backup in OSD/Annotation when triggered by saving to Workmanager.

b)Zooming with the mouse, can SolidDesigner & Me10 work in the same direction

c)Is there a possibility in Annotation that when using shortcuts, the menu’s doesn’t follow the cursor but appears at a set position? If you move to fast the menus fall on top of the very place on the screen you need to work on.

d)When using geometry icons, which come from the customisation menu, stop the whole geometry menu appearing it also stays on the screen even when selecting another menu.

e)Add another drawing from Workmanager to the current annotation drawing as you can in ME10.
Currently you have to save a drawing as a mi file & then load it as a sketch

f)Undo in Annotation

g)I recently had the unfortunate experience of a short introduction course to AutoCAD. I thought that there was only one function that ME10 would benefit from & that was the automatic construction line generation, which could generate a temporary set of construction lines. I think it was called “tracking” but can’t be sure.
Old 04-18-2003, 09:58 AM

Drafting aka ME10 can be configured to change the zoom direction. Sorry, don't know the exact configuration sequence right now.

Apart from that, could we PLEASE split this thread up into multiple enhancement requests? This would make it much easier to handle and discuss.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:33 PM
OneSpace Member

Quote:
Originally posted by clausb
Drafting aka ME10 can be configured to change the zoom direction. Sorry, don't know the exact configuration sequence right now.
Standard ME10 zoom behaviour:
Code:
SET_DYN_MOUSE_OLD_ZOOM_MODE ON
Anno compatible zoom behaviour:
Code:
SET_DYN_MOUSE_OLD_ZOOM_MODE OFF
Old 04-22-2003, 06:50 AM

Re: Various

Quote:
Originally posted by RAYK
automatic construction line generation, which could generate a temporary set of construction lines. I think it was called “tracking” but can’t be sure.
Is that like a reverse Overdraw - converts geometry to construction?
Old 04-22-2003, 01:09 PM
OneSpace Member

How about this one ? (Just hacked it in, definitely needs some polishing )

Code:
DEFINE G2C
 LOCAL l_type
 INQ_SELECTED_ELEM ALL
 LOOP
    EXIT_IF ((INQ 14) = 0)
    LET l_type (INQ 403)
    IF (l_type = LINE)
      C_LINE (INQ 101) (INQ 102) END
    ELSE_IF (l_type = CIRCLE)
      C_CIRCLE (INQ 101) (INQ 3) END
    ELSE_IF (l_type = ARC)
      C_CIRCLE (INQ 101) (INQ 3) END
    END_IF
    INQ_NEXT_ELEM
 END_LOOP
END_DEFINE
Hope this helps as a starter ...
Old 04-23-2003, 01:07 AM

Chris
Thanks for your reply regarding the zoom control
I’ll also have a look at your macro later

gmatelich
Conversion of geometry into construction would be useful in ME10 as in annotation but its not what I mean I’ll try to explain the function
With Object Snap Tracking turned on in AutoCAD, & by selecting draw line you can move the cursor over a vertex on one piece of geometry, it would automatically generates a horizontal or vertical construction line, then by hovering over another vertex on another piece of geometry would generate another construction line. You could then pick the intersection point of these construction lines to start the line. Hope this is clearer
I'll go through the other suggestion in more detail one at a time later
Old 04-24-2003, 10:46 AM
Administrator

RAYK,

Please read How to Use This Forum... at the top of this forum. If you post multiple ehancement requests in a single thread there is no way to vote on them individually, so no way to prioritize them. You have several good suggestions, but without a way to vote on them individually there is no way for CoCreate to know if others feel they are worth implementing. Although there is no formal agreement from CoCreate, requests with lots of higher ranking may get higher priority.

If you will submit a separate thread for each of your suggestions, I think I can move the replies into the correct thread and remove this one. Otherwise we can just leave it as is, but any votes placed are meaningless.