CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > Enhancement Requests

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 03-10-2003, 06:14 PM

Drafting - Open Multiple Drawings

I would like to be able to open multiple drawings the same as I can open multiple documents with Word or Excel. This way I can be working on one drawing, take someone's call, and open another drawing and answer their question with out having to save and close my drawing, then reload when I'm done. Or be able to open and compare two drawings that are at different scales.
This request applies to both the software formerly known as ME10, and Annotator. As I transition from ME10 to Annotator I've got a little bit of this capability, but if I were to be complete the move to Annotator this need would be even more pronounced, since as far as I can tell, you can't load more than one drawing from WM Desktop to Annotator (equivalent to "load subpart" option in ME10).
Old 03-11-2003, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Drafting 11.6 does provide a way to open more than one drawing, although it opens a whole new Drafting window/session. Click File, New, Dwg in New Window. The difference between this and just starting a second Drafting session is that it does not pull a new license. I believe there is some limit on how many drawings you can open at once this way, something like 5.

So far no comparable capability in Annotation that I am aware of..
Old 03-11-2003, 10:04 AM

That doesn't appear to have been integrated in Desktop yet.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:41 PM
OneSpace Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gmatelich
That doesn't appear to have been integrated in Desktop yet.
When I press Ctrl-N (File-New-New Window), and then load a drawing from WM, it goes into that new ME10 session.

I can't see any special features in the DDM ME10-AIP code that would actually try to open a new window within ME10. So even DDM does not have such a feature therefore I guess it should work for your WMDT as well.
(WM 11.61 and ME10 11.60, with MEPELOOK=2/3)