CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > CoCreate Modeling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-27-2011, 10:06 AM

Slow response V17 and XP x64

Is anyone running v17 on xp 64 and experiencing slow responses?

I have a lenovo think station M6493 with 12 gigs of ram.

For example. I click on a surface and there is a 1 to 2 second delay before the surface highlights and shows the co-pilot arrows. I click on the arrows and wait another 1 to 2 seconds.

If I expand the drawlist I have to wait then for it to open. The model loaded is not very large. I have no problems with these models working in 16.5.

Thanks

Tom

Creo Elements/Direct 20.1
Dell Precision 3581
https://www.o-i.com
Old 06-07-2011, 12:08 PM

Re: Slow response V17 and XP x64

I'm running v17 on a Lenovo x64 windows 7 with no response trouble and 8gb ram. maybe your opperating system is causing the trouble.
Old 06-08-2011, 04:32 AM

I dug deeper and found that the nVidia driver was the issue. They just released a new version that resolved the issues.

Dell Precision 3581
Old 06-15-2011, 03:03 PM

I also had slowdowns in my graphics response. Felipe Rosendo suggested that I re-install my video card driver. There was a slight version change (259.57 instead of my previous 259.29) of the driver. At the same time, I turned on Transparency using the Aero Windows interface theme and one of those changes made a huge difference. The problem is fixed. (Now if I could only stop being forced to use Aero and transparency!)

I am running Win7 and have a Dell T7500 with lots of memory and an NVIDIA Quadro 2000 graphics card.

For myself, it really bugs me that PTC/CoCreate is forcing me to use a windows theme that I really don't like (Aero) and an option (transparency) that I also don't like. I don't think Solidworks has this problem but maybe it has other ones. It was a little embarrassing to work with the guy across the aisle who is using Solidworks and have him watch me struggle with 1-3 second delay times between mouse clicks in my interface and a response. Well, now I can hold my head up high til the next time I have an interface problem with Creo Direct.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:33 AM

You are not forced to use Aero. You can always turn it off.
http://cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7521
Old 06-16-2011, 05:41 AM

The problem was probably the driver.

I am using the latest for my card (275.36) and the problem went away.

I was using the 265 series driver and had serious slow down issues.

When I installed the 275 series driver, the problem went away.

As a double check. I unintalled the driver and reinstalled a 265 series driver and the problem came back.

regards

Dell Precision 3581
Old 06-16-2011, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Swartz View Post
You are not forced to use Aero. You can always turn it off.
http://cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7521
Yes, but all the troubleshooting data I have seen for graphics problems with Creo Direct say that one should use the Aero theme with transparency enabled. I'll try turning off Aero and see if my graphics problems re-appear.... Things remained fine. Thanks, Mike.

Last edited by rbrennen; 06-16-2011 at 08:06 AM.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrennen View Post
Yes, but all the troubleshooting data I have seen for graphics problems with Creo Direct say that one should use the Aero theme with transparency enabled. I'll try turning off Aero and see if my graphics problems re-appear.... Things remained fine. Thanks, Mike.
Just a clarification for anyone who is following this -- the whole naming of the direct modeling products has caused quite a lot of confusion (even at PlanetPTC from the PTC presenters -- they mixed up the terms a few times!)

The product being discussed in this thread was formerly known as CoCreate (a name I wish they would bring back) and is now known as "Creo Elements/Direct." This is not to be confused with "Creo Direct" which is the NEW (all new code from the ground up) direct modeling app for the Creo family built on PTC's new data model.

Confusing, indeed... At least the ProE side got "Creo Elements/Pro" and "Creo Parametric" so they don't have the same base name...

Maybe we can convince PTC to bring back the CoCreate product names... (yeah, right! I don't think I'll hold my breath on that one... )
See them in action at www.ai-maxtools.com and then try them for yourself -- FREE!
Old 06-16-2011, 11:46 AM

Thanks, Andy. I was not aware that I needed to do a lot more typing each time I try to name ME30/SolidDesigner/OneSpace Modeling/..../Creo Elements/Direct! (I am sure I missed a bunch of the various names given to this application)

Wow.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrennen View Post
Thanks, Andy. I was not aware that I needed to do a lot more typing each time I try to name ME30/SolidDesigner/OneSpace Modeling/..../Creo Elements/Direct! (I am sure I missed a bunch of the various names given to this application)

Wow.
Yeah, WOW indeed. (incidentally, my comments were not intended to harp on you about it -- I hope it didn't come across that way.)

I just wanted to clarify since this whole naming thing (I originally mistyped that as "maiming" -- maybe that's accurate!) has caused a lot of people a lot of headaches. At the PlanetPTC event earlier this week, it seemed most of the people (mostly non-PTC, though even some of the PTC folks did) just gave up and called it CoCreate (since that eliminates all confusion). Even in a couple of presentations, the PTC presenters mixed up the names of the two products...

Definitely quite the confusing situation.

If they don't want us to continue to use "CoCreate" maybe we should use "CED" (pronouncing the letters) -- "Creo ED" just doesn't seem like a good choice...
See them in action at www.ai-maxtools.com and then try them for yourself -- FREE!
Old 06-16-2011, 12:27 PM

Nope, I did not take it as harping. It is interesting, though.

I see the naming issue at Agilent as well. Marketing does some really lame naming. Us users just want a one word descriptor that can be widely recognized.
Old 06-20-2011, 07:24 AM

So there is Creo elements/direct modeling

and Creo Direct?

So if we are currently CoCreate Users, what is the next version we update to? Creo Direct or Creo elements/direct modeling?

This is way too confusing.

Dell Precision 3581
Old 06-20-2011, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom kirkman View Post
So there is Creo elements/direct modeling

and Creo Direct?

So if we are currently CoCreate Users, what is the next version we update to? Creo Direct or Creo elements/direct modeling?

This is way too confusing.
100% agree with you, Tom -- the naming is a real mess...

CoCreate users will (most likely) want to stay on the Creo Elements/Direct package until they can make a seamless transition to the Creo Direct app (which at this point is a very simple single-part-only modeler).

The timetable for that is as yet undetermined, but according to a few different PTC employees at the PlanetPTC event last week, the Creo Elements/Direct (i.e. CoCreate) product line is expected to be actively developed for at least the next 5 years (until the Creo Direct product is functionally equivalent to it). One PTC presentation speculated that this process of making the Creo Direct app equivalent could take 10 years! Regardless, the future of the CoCreate-based product looks pretty solid for quite a long time...

I hope this helps to clarify things somewhat. The naming is going to be a continued source of confusion -- even some of the analysts and writers are getting the two mixed up. Maybe PTC will start calling it CreoCreate or something... They could even spell it with a really small "re" like this: CreoCreate

Last edited by Andy Poulsen; 06-20-2011 at 10:24 AM.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:51 AM

The roadmap at the show laid out the next release numbers as follows.

Creo Elements\Direct Modeling 18.00 (Available Now)
Creo Elements\Direct Modeling 18.10 (Spring 2012)
Creo Elements\Direct Modeling 19.00 (2013)

This is by no means set in stone as time tables shift but on the development side for the formally CoCreate products it was very positive and forward moving.