CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > CoCreate Modeling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-14-2004, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Hi May,

This was compiled on 11.65, and the compiler generates some version-specific code. All the functionality should work fine on 9.x though, so I'll try to get a 9.x-compatible version uploaded ASAP.

Thanks for the heads-up!

andy
See them in action at www.ai-maxtools.com and then try them for yourself -- FREE!
Old 01-14-2004, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Hi May,

Here's an updated zip file with versions for both 11.6+ and 9.x.

The 9.x file should work on 11.6+, but may not be optimized. In short, if you have 11.6+, please use the ai-bom.dll file, and if you're using 9.x, please use the ai-bom-sd9.dll file.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks!

andy

NOTE: the attachment that was here has been deleted, and an updated version has been posted in a later message in this thread. It includes versions compatible with both SolidDesigner 9 and OneSpace Designer Modeling 11+.
See them in action at www.ai-maxtools.com and then try them for yourself -- FREE!

Last edited by Andy Poulsen; 01-28-2004 at 12:48 PM.
Old 01-14-2004, 02:43 PM

Wow, this looks great!

My only complaint right now is that the BOM returns the part number of the top level itself in the BOM. Obviously the owning assembly is not a component of itself.

Looks good so far, though!

Steve
Old 01-14-2004, 02:46 PM

Again, this looks very good, a couple of suggestions though:

It would be nice if I could somehow get an indented BOM. Right now the whole BOM becomes "flat" - you can't tell from the listing which components are components of sub-assemblies.

Another option that would be nice would be a "top level list only" - in other words, ignore the components of sub-assemblies.

Steve
Old 01-14-2004, 02:48 PM

When running the program on my top-level assembly, I got the following error:

WARNING: Cell value NIL is not of type STRING. New value "NIL" will be taken as value.
WARNING: Cell value NIL is not of type STRING. New value "NIL" will be taken as value.

Steve
Old 01-14-2004, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your comments and feedback! Your suggestions have been added to the enhancement/change list, and I'll post an update as they're implemented.

As far as the warnings you mentioned, I have sent you an email (to avoid cluttering the board) asking for more details to isolate the issue.

Please keep the feedback flowing! (either here or via private email if you prefer)

Thanks again!

andy
Old 01-14-2004, 05:28 PM

I agree. It looks quite promising. In SD9, it will not show a BOM, though the Preview button does show it.

It prints out the headers for the BOM listing, but does not print the rest of the BOM.

When using the code for OSD 11.6, I figured out how to get it to print out the BOM in both TXT and CSV formats. I did notice I have to use Preview first, then print out the file. Not using Preview first results in an empty BOM file with only headers (like what happens under SD 9 no matter in which order I press the buttons).

Under both systems, I get the same error Steve mentioned upon initially starting the command.
Old 01-14-2004, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Hi May,

I just checked it again on SD9 using a simple assembly, and I didn't see any of the problems you mentioned (either the error Steve mentioned or the empty table).

If you would be willing to send me the file you're working with I could take a look at it and see if I can duplicate the problem. If not, no problem -- we'll try to figure out what to do to duplicate the problem here. If you are willing to send the file, please send it to testfiles (at) asp-inno.com.

The problem regarding needing to click "Show BOM" has already been fixed, and I'll keep you posted on the other issues as well.

(heck, when I posted an alpha release I knew I'd see some "real-world" issues!)

Thanks for your patience!

Andy
Old 01-15-2004, 09:06 AM

I did a little testing on OSD11.6 and it seems to happen if the assembly has children that own viewsets. It doesn't happen if the parent has a viewset and the children do not.

If I delete out the viewsets from the children, the error does not come up.

If I have time later, I'll try it again under SD9 to see if the same pattern holds.
Old 01-15-2004, 09:18 AM
Administrator

Hi May,

We've seen this problem before during development of some of our other modules, though most viewsets won't cause this problem -- read on...

The underlying problem seems to be that somehow a viewset can end up being the owner of an "invisible" part or assembly i.e. you can't see it in the structure browser, but a lisp-level query of the structure will show a part or assembly owned by the viewset (which I believe should never happen...). I don't know how or why this happens, but I've seen it from several of our customers, so something nasty is happening behind the scenes (apparently with Annotation). Most viewsets don't exhibit this problem, but some definitely do, and it causes some big headaches (as you might imagine).

We have worked around that issue in our other modules, but apparently that check didn't get implemented here. I'll make sure it gets included in the next rev.

Thanks for taking the time to check on this!

andy
Old 01-28-2004, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Hello All,

Attached is an updated version with many significant changes. Thanks to everyone who provided input, both through this thread and via private email!

This version also has a utility function called "AI Check Viewset" that will allow you to check for the corruption mentioned previously (with the "invisible" part or assembly being owned by a viewset), and gives you the option to delete this invisible part or assembly. PLEASE NOTE: while no problems have been observed with these deletions, the full impact is not yet known, so please use caution!

The main BOM function has an internal check that will ignore these corruptions, so it is not necessary to run the check/clean function to get a valid BOM. The check function is just for your own information (and it would be interesting to know how many others have these internal corruptions without knowing it!).

Please let me know if you have any further questions or comments!

NOTE: This attachment was deleted since the newest release of AI Bill-of-Materials Generator can be downloaded from our website at www.asp-inno.com/prod_BOM.html. Please take a look and let us know what you think!

Thanks!

andy

Last edited by Andy Poulsen; 07-02-2005 at 10:15 PM. Reason: updated file
Old 01-02-2016, 12:15 PM

Re: BOM Table to Text File

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Poulsen View Post
NOTE: This attachment was deleted since the newest release of AI Bill-of-Materials Generator can be downloaded from our website at www.asp-inno.com/prod_BOM.html. Please take a look and let us know what you think!

Thanks!

andy
Link doesn't work
Old 01-06-2016, 09:44 PM
Administrator

Hello,

The AI Bill of Material function has been significantly enhanced (including generating PDF files of the BOM, including images), and is now part of our AI MAXTools Suite of Products (which has a wide variety other functions as well).

For more information on the products, please visit www.ai-maxtools.com/products.

The download page can be found at:
http://www.ai-maxtools.com/products/free-trial

Please note that the AI Bill of Material function (and a few selected other functions) will work in demo mode, but all pages will be watermarked. A license from AI MAXTools is required to remove the watermark (and enable all of the unavailable functionality). You may request an evaluation license on the download page to get access to the other functions.

I would be glad to answer any questions -- just ask!

Thanks!

andy
Old 08-02-2017, 01:10 PM

There is a way to edit an existing BOM table?

My goal is manual edit BOM logical table
AM-BOM-DATA-LTAB

My idea is full exporting it to excel, or txt file
With also DOCU_BOM_ENTRY_ID
Edit it with excel or notepad
And import back to annotation to use it.

There is some lisp to do this?
Thanks!