CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Support > Customization

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-22-2002, 12:01 AM

Lisp compile

Does anyone know how to activate a compiler through OneSpace Designer.
Have tried to compile externally but the compiler doesent understand the lisp-file. (borland C++).
Have also tried (compile-file xxxxxx) like described in the Integration Kit help files.
Seems like i am missing the routines and the compiler supplied in the Integration Kit.
Does anyone know if there are any advantages compiling lisp-files regarding to gain speed during execution of lisp files in OneSpace designer?

Thanks in advance
H. Gammeltoft
Old 11-22-2002, 12:29 AM

In order to compile LISP files, you must have installed the Integration Kit along with OneSpace Designer. Also, you must have a C++ compiler on your system. On Windows systems, the only supported compiler currently is Visual C++ 6. Make sure that the compiler components (in particular, the "cl" command) are in your PATH.

Claus
Old 11-22-2002, 02:18 AM

Lisp compile

Hi.
Thanks for tha answer.

I have a couple of further questions.

The version Visual C++ 6,0 is out of stock everywhere. This version dont seem to be sold anymore.
Does the new version 2002 work? It is said to be a version 6,0 too.
And finally, how do i invoke the compiler from the command prompt? The function (compile-file xxxxx) dont work.

Kind regards
H. Gammeltoft
Old 11-22-2002, 02:34 AM

In order to compile a file you also need a license for the Development Kit. Compiling LISP files without this license does not work even if you have installed everything correctly.

Markus
Old 11-22-2002, 03:34 AM

Re: Lisp compile

What exactly do you mean by "the new version 2002"? I am only aware of two current Visual C++ versions, i.e. 6.0 and VC.NET. VC.NET might work, but it is likely there will be small glitches when you try, and we do not guarantee compatibility.

Oh, and you never invoke the compiler directly. This is handled internally by the compile-file command. If this command fails, check your installation and your licenses, as Markus pointed out. If everything looks OK, open the console window (View/Console) before trying to compile a file, then check for error diagnostics in that window during compilation. Those messages usually point you quickly to the source of the problems. A frequent issue is that the PATH environment variable is not set correctly; PATH must contain components which point to the directories where the VC++ binaries are stored.

Claus