CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > Enhancement Requests

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 01:42 AM

Lightbulb Configurations - Transfer Position

The ability to transfer the position of a transition between configurations would be a good added function of configurations.

If one considers a room with two doors, the easiest way to show the three variations of doors open (both doors open, door A open and door B open) within various configuration is to create the both doors open transition first then copy the configuration and remove data ie part positioning info for each of the other two variants.

We have various sub assemblies that have multiple positions that are routinely used from our MM database. Yes I can copy the configuration from the sub assembly to the root assembly but we then have to all the work again of arranging the transition of multiple different sub assemblies.
The use of multiple positioning to see the transition still means one has to do the work again of moving the parts. Hardly efficent since the information is still part of the model. Yes at a different level but the ability to transfer the positional information between two configurations would be an asset. Improving efficiency using configurations.

Being able to transfer drawlists and camera position already are useful but not being able to transfer the transition would be a good progression. Over writing any conflict in transition or some such rule would be a good thing too since with consitiant behaviour one could work around any conflict etc.

There does not appear to have been any improvement in configurations in the last few years to even v16.5 modelling we currently operate.

This is not pushing the limits of what configurations do, it is adding to the function. I just want more effieciency it feels a waste of time some times to arrange one configuration then have to do similar things again at a later date.

Last edited by gormie; 02-16-2010 at 01:45 AM. Reason: Current Version
Old 02-16-2010, 12:25 PM

Re: Configurations - Transfer Position

You may need to put in an enhancement request directly to CoCreate. The forums here are mainly user support by users of Cocreate, however there are a few CoCreate support employes that check these forums from time-to-time. So, your request may not go any higher than this thread.

As a user of CoCreate, I totally understand your request of being able to show vairous configurations up the assembly tree to the master assembly. I have several stamped parts that get folded and clinched together at various steps in an assembly. Some univeral brackets we have get tabs folded while used in other families the tabs are for locating and clinching.

We are doing all of this without MM.

I cheat by importing SAT copy files in and out of the various assemblies. There is no Master Model approach to solving this that I'm aware of.

Jason: "How much does it pay?"
Citizen: "Well, none of our other sheriffs ever lived long enough to find out."

Co-Create 2007 (15.50G)
ANSYS Workbench 14
SolidWorks 2011
UGNX-7.5 / TeamCenter UA 8
PADS 2000
Applicon Bravo
Autotrol
CADAM
Pro/E
Old 02-23-2010, 10:13 AM

Exclamation Re: Configurations - Transfer Position

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMaverick View Post
however there are a few CoCreate support employes that check these forums from time-to-time.
not only support employees.....