CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Solid Designer

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-15-2002, 09:19 PM
Alexander

help

I've created a new part from a similar existing part, and renamed it. Now i'm trying to create an assembly with both parts in it, and here is my problem: when i load the second part i get the message -> "NOTE: '/F112740/F116045' was previously loaded and has been automatically shared (instead of reloading it)." And this while the first part has a totaly differend name. Also in the assembly the second part has changed into the first part. I've tried to unshare the parts but that doesn't make a difference.
Old 10-16-2002, 01:06 AM
Thomas Schneider

re: help

Alexander,

you just discovered load-as-shared capabilities.

In OSDM, sharing is based on so called sysid's (unique identifiers, assigned once at creation time and never changed afterwards) - not on names. From what you're describing, I understand that you created a part, saved it, developed it further and saved it again. Hence both parts have the same sysid.

If you want to treat both parts as different parts, you can load one, copy it (this will change the sysid) and overwrite the file with that copy. Now you can recreate your assembly in order to reference the two different parts.

For further insights into the concept of sharing, please refer to the manuals.

Thomas Schneider

Old 10-17-2002, 03:22 AM
Tim Cole

re: help

Alexander,

To load a part with the same system ID number or as you might call it a rev B part. Use these two commands. The first one loads a duplicate sys id part as a new part. The second returns the session back to its original state, load as shared.

Type these in at the command line.
(load-cluster-load-mode :load-dup-as-new)
(load-cluster-load-mode :load-shared)
It would be nice if Cocreate added this funtionality to the load file box as a check preference when loading a new file.

The enhancement request has been submitted to Cocreate for this but I havent seen it done yet.

Tim Cole