CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Macro

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-15-2002, 08:08 AM
Mike "the Rat"

Integrating Visual Basic with ME10...

I received a simple Visual Basic example code from CoCreate. Basically ME10 will bring up a User Interface from VB and will draw a Line based on input of two list boxes. Two Variables are used and brought into ME10 and the Line Command is issued. I would like to expand on this example. I hope to create a User Interface that will open single drawing or choose batch plot file print on various paper formats. Info’s will be filled in, variable dimensions will fill and the BOM will reflect also. Currently we have macros that will accomplish these functions but, using Visual Basic will combine, automate it and make it more user friendly. I plan on incorporating MS Access for archiving batch plot and MS Word for paper work to be filled out. I’m looking for any input on examples of code, places on the web for information or books recommended. I have written Visual Basic programs in the past and makes programming easy. WUI environment toolbars are fine for simple icons. Trying to create Combo Box’s and List Box’s are extremely cumbersome. If anyone looking for screen menu icons for their toolbars, I have created quite a few. I would love to see some of yours. Perhaps trade ? Warm regards, Mike “the Rat”
Old 05-17-2002, 03:17 AM
Don Adams

re: Integrating Visual Basic with ME10...

Where did you find the example? Could you forward it to me as well as any other examples? I have wanted to integrate ME10 and VB for years! Thanks for anything you can provide for me! I will be glad to discuss any projects you may be working on using VB.
Old 05-27-2002, 11:21 PM
AV

Dear Mike I have a VB code for to select me10 files from file system (windos like) and a macro_code to set and define format but I don't found as to link these. In me10 ver 11 there are 2 file customize_p.m and defaults_p.m ma they don't accept if ... then (plotter_type xxx) end_if Form Vb code is possible control this or these command string : me10.exe -p nomefile me10.exe -p nomefileN but i don't control format Regards Andrea Veronesi
Old 06-03-2002, 04:22 PM
Juergen Schmidetzki

Hello Mike, I'm also interested in controlling ME10 via VisualBasic. Where do you got/find the example that you described? Can you mail it to me or post it here? Thanks and best regards Juergen
Old 06-03-2002, 07:28 PM
Giorgio L.

I agree with you, I am interested in connection between ME10 & VB. Do you give me any suggestion? Thanks in advance. Giorgio