CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Annotator

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2001, 06:12 AM
Rick singer

Symbol "sizes"

I am experiencing a mysterious behavior that has plagued me for many revs (currently on 8.05/UNIX). It seems that I can never get the size of a symbol to be stable when units are inches. Here's what happens: I choose a symbol on a drawing to modify its settings; say the size is .125 in. I change the size to .150 and accept the change. The symbol changes size. When I choose the same symbol to modify settings, not only is the size NOT .150 (but something like .172384), but when I type in .150 again, the size of the symbol on the screen changes radically, either larger or smaller. The amount and direction of change is not repeatable...the only thing that is consistent it is NEVER correct (the size I asked for). Note this is happening with 8.05 un-customized, but using inches, not mm. However this doesn't appear to be a mm-to-inch factor of 25.4 thing. Anyone have any ideas?
Old 01-26-2001, 06:25 AM
Keith Franck

re: Symbol

Set the units to millimeters prior to applying a symbol.
Old 06-06-2001, 04:13 AM
Tom Kirkman

What I have done, is create new symbols that have a dimension size of 1". When I add a symbol a drawing, I change the reference size to what I need. For example, if I need the symbol to be 1/2" tall, then the reference size is set to .5
Old 06-06-2001, 04:13 AM
Tom Kirkman

What I have done, is create new symbols that have a dimension size of 1". When I add a symbol a drawing, I change the reference size to what I need. For example, if I need the symbol to be 1/2" tall, then the reference size is set to .5