CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 12:20 PM

Thumbs down Saving Frame problem

Hi There,
I am a very new user of CoCreate Modeling PE 2.0.

So far I have been able to work out how to do most of what I want, thanks to the excellent Help system There is one remaining snag

I would like to customize a Frame, really only adding some fixed text to one of the ones provided. I have been able to work through the steps listed in the Help topics on this operation, except that when I get to the last one, save the frame there is no "Save Frame" entry on the "File" menu in the menu bar.

Is this an option which is not available in Personal Edition, or is there some special approach route through the UI to reveal this option?

If the former is the answer, is there any work-round that I could use to get the file into the right format to be recognised as a Frame? I already know that saving Sketches does not work as attempting to load such a Sketch as a Frame only leads to a drawing in Annotation without a Frame at all, which is rather difficult to handle.

Thanks for any advice or assistance that you can give me.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:28 AM

Re: Saving Frame problem

Hi,
Assuming that you're talking about the model by saying Frame.
You can save it and open it. Also you can save the drawing called annotation as a file too.

When you save your part or model, you need to select parts and name it.
In the annotation, you can save bdl file which contains both model and drawing together.

Do these explanation make sense to you?
If not please look at some of the webinars I presented at other thread.
Such as,
http://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7144
Old 03-12-2009, 07:20 AM

Because Modeling PE is a restricted version of our commercial product, (CoCreate Modeling) it does not allow you to save a .mi file type. so it is not possible to save a custom frame.
Unfortunately, there is documentation in the help files about storing and loading frames. This documentation was never modified (removed) for Modeling PE.
Sorry.

Last edited by Mike Swartz; 03-13-2009 at 11:23 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 07:35 AM

Thanks Mike andToshi,

What I had wished to do was to create a custom Frame, and be able to use it for new drawings.

Your reply, Mike, tells me what I suspected, that the Help files were slightly out of step with the actual PE capabilities. Now I am going to see if by using Text References I can get an effect similar to what I wanted, by a slightly more laborious route.

Thanks again,
Andrew
Old 03-16-2009, 09:02 AM
Administrator

I'm not familiar with the limitations PE version, but could you save your custom frame then load it in future drawings as a sketch? Not really the same as loading a frame but the result would look the same.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Scheffel View Post
I'm not familiar with the limitations PE version, but could you save your custom frame then load it in future drawings as a sketch? Not really the same as loading a frame but the result would look the same.
Modeling PE will save the following formats: pk2 (similar in function to pkg) and bd2 (similar in function to bdl). You cannot load either of these formats as a sketch.

However, PE is able to load .mi, so if you know someone who has a copy of CoCreate Modeling, version 15.xx or older, who is willing to create frames for you, Modeling PE will load them.