CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > CoCreate Drafting
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 05:34 AM

OSDD and XP sp3

Hello,
after installation of SP3 for XP OSDD isn't working any more and I get this message "macro Load_mesg_catalog is not defined". This happens with OSDD 2006 and 2007 and 2008. Before installing SP3 everything was ok and on my other PCs which haven't yet SP3 but have the same versions and customization of my OSDD everything is still working fine. any idea?
thank you very much
Old 01-24-2009, 10:44 AM

Re: OSDD and XP sp3

in a normal Drafting 2008 'Load_mesg_catalog' is not defined at all. So it has to be a command/macro loaded by *your* customization.

1)
On a fine running system enter the following: display (type LOAD_MESG_CATALOG)

What's displayed. "function" ? "Command" ?

2)
try to start your Drafting without any of your customization in system with SP3: Does it work?

3)
On a fine running system adapt the startup.m file and enable tracing as early as possible ("trace del_old 'filenmame' ") .. in the log file created search for LOAD_MESG_CATALOG, where is it loaded from? -> try to find the same file/place in log file of a bad system.

-------------
over all it's every time a good idea 1st to temporary(!) DISable your complete customization and then switch it on section by section until the error does appear. You have to break down the problem!

I could imagine: read permissions changed, search pathes were changed.
Old 01-25-2009, 11:41 PM

Hallo Wolfgang,
danke for your reply and suggestions...I made a deeper analysys and this is what I have discovered on my "fault" PC: if I start OSDD with "-pelook 1" everything is fine, if I start with "-pelook 2" I get the message described before. I checked in "C:\documents and settings\users\data application\cocreate\me10\14.00" and I noticed that in this directory OSDD creates at every new start the file "environment.m", this file contains a "current directory" definition line and this line is different when created from "-pelook 1" and from "-pelook 2":

"-pelook 2" : CURRENT_DIRECTORY NO_ERROR 'C:/Documents and Settings/me10/Desktop' END (this directory is my PC's desktop)

"-pelook 1" : CURRENT_DIRECTORY NO_ERROR 'C:/Programmi/CoCreate/OSD_Drafting_2006' END (this is the correct one)

Then I have tried to "trace" and OSDD stops here:

Inizializzazione
Lettura del file 'startup.m'
*** La macro Load_mesg_catalog non É definita
Inserire comando

So I'm really getting crazy...thank you for any suggestion.
Teo
Old 01-26-2009, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Not sure what is going on, but it is possible that when you start with pelook -1 or -2 that different macros are being loaded. I don't think it is related to the CURRENT_DIRECTORY line, this just saves whatever directory was current when you exit so it can be restored at the next startup. Unless you have a macro file on your Desktop which is being loaded instead of the standard file. You might check your Desktop for any files that have a .m or .mc extension.

Try entering the command EDIT_ENVIRONMENT in Drafting. This will display your search path settings which define the directories which will be searched for files. If a startup file attempts to load a file without a fully qualified path name, Drafting will search for that file name under the listed paths in order and load the first one that it finds.

You might also try adding a TRACE command at the top of your "<install-dir>\startup.m" file. This will provide details on which files it is loading and help determine where it is failing. For example.

TRACE DEL_OLD "C:\Draft_trace.txt"
Old 01-26-2009, 09:19 PM

Yes, you are right, I had a .m file on my desktop and this was read instead of the right one, so I just had to remove it. I still can't understand why OSDD was faulty only in "-pelook 2"....anyway thank you all very much for all your suggestions and fast answers.

XP SP3 is now installed and no problems with it.

teo

Last edited by teoadams; 01-26-2009 at 09:21 PM. Reason: added XP SP3 note
Old 01-27-2009, 12:53 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by teoadams View Post
I still can't understand why OSDD was faulty only in "-pelook 2"...
It occurred only in "-pelook 2" because the Desktop was your current directory in that mode. The current directory '.' is probably listed in your search path (see comments above) before the directory containing the standard Drafting *.m file. So in that mode the *.m file on your Desktop was loaded instead of the standard file. I have been burned by this unexpected behavior a few times.