CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > User Group Issues

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-15-1998, 09:16 AM
Michael Rayburn

Special Interest Groups - ANY FEEDBACK?

Noticing the response from various users in the News Groups sections. Wanting to take a survey to see how many users are desiring to breakdown these entry's into various special intereset groups, possibly to develop business relationships between various companies that use the same CoCreate product. Any feedback, including any comments form ones that may think that a "SIG" is a waste of time.
Old 07-16-1998, 03:17 AM
Pete Wells

re: Special Interest Groups - ANY FEEDBACK?

I am putting a list of "Helpful Information and Contacts" in the front of the Conference binder. We will of course be including the cocreateusers.org web address here. What about SIG contact names and numbers? Is that something you would like to publicize here? Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!
Old 07-16-1998, 03:40 AM
Michael Rayburn

Pete, That would be great. Maybe we would generate some response this way. Now that the web site is up and users are becoming acquainted with it, SIG could begin to be better organized. Be my quest on this one. You may want to also mention this Bob and get his thoughts as well.
Old 07-16-1998, 11:12 AM
Bob Zajeski

I haven't seen any SIG activity...maybe it's because we don't know what a SIG is??? How it's suppose to function? We have the Enhancement Request Newsgroup that could evolve into special interest areas but I think it would be premature to break areas out right now. Maybe we should concentrate on local user groups first...generate interest....make them educational WITHOUT having to pay
Old 07-16-1998, 10:26 PM
Michael Zarecky

I think that further breakdown of the the topics would be a great idea. Reading the postings one could almost see the patterns emerging and make a good first pass at the breakdown. Good idea Mike!