CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > User Group Issues

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-1998, 03:10 AM
Eddie Zihlman Jr.

National Users Group Meeting

I understand that the meeting will be the first week of August in Keystone Colorado but has anyone received a Vantage Point or mail out from CoCreate confirming that. It is now less that 3 months away. What's happening?
Old 05-14-1998, 11:42 PM
Gene Nevill

re: National Users Group Meeting

I was beginning to wonder if anyone was going to ask the question. It may be that the tentative maybe just that. Also, are we planning to have meetings on the users group prior to the beginning of the confetrence? I am planning to attend both the PDM and the CAD as I am envolved with both, so I would be available if the officers and chairpersons wanted/needed to meet. Of course all my plans are subject to change at the drop of a hat around here. It seems that hats tend to blow around alot so who knows. HOPE to see you at conference.
Old 05-19-1998, 04:43 AM
Joyce Miller

Eddie, I asked the same question back in January/February of this year. I got a reply from Brad Goettemoeller who had recently become the Installed Base Program Manager. His responsibilities include the Vantage Point Newsletter, ownership of the National User's Group Meeting and marketing with their Complementary Application Partners. He said they were still in the preliminary planning stages but it looked like the National User's Group Meeting would be the first week of August in Keystone. I had already decided that if the conference were held in Keystone I would not attend. Of the last 4 conferences, 3 had been held in Colorado. I was under the impression when I first joined the group that the conferences would be held in different geographic locations to keep travel expenses fair for the users. Sounds like always having it in Colorado keeps travel cost low for CoCreate and the users must fend for themselves. Brad's next task was the Vantage Point Newsletter. In February he told me he expected to ship it early-mid April. Here it is mid-end May and no newsletter--not even a Web version. Of course I wasn't expecting to see it--the last issue I have of thier "quarterly" newsletter is from April 1-9-9-6!! Pretty bad! I am completely disgusted with CoCreate's communication with their installed base. You can email Brad Goettemoeller at brad_goettemoeller@hp.com
Old 05-26-1998, 08:51 AM
Michael Rayburn

Hi Eddie, Good question. My patience is running thin also with CoCreate in terms of it's communication with it's intalled base. They have alot of good idea, I've seen none implemented yet. I have yet to recieve anything on registration for the conference, either. Keep flying high.....Mikey.
Old 05-31-1998, 01:58 PM
Brian Hemmerly

Still waitng for info. I was hoping the UG meeting would be somewhere else and NOT during the summer. Whats up with Vantage Point. Keep flying Eddie. Maybe I will see you in August.
Old 06-05-1998, 03:53 AM
Brad Goettemoeller

The user community section will be up and running on the CoCreate public website on Monday, June 8th. The invitation and registration form will be on there as well.
Old 06-09-1998, 12:25 AM
Brad Goettemoeller

Hi There, You can register via our website. There is a CoCreate Users part launched now ! http://www.cocreate.com/english/users/index.htm
Old 06-24-1998, 01:19 AM
Pete Wells

Hello everyone. Hopefully, by now you all have received several communications on this years CoCreate Users Conference. If you (or anyone else that you are aware of that should be on the mail list for this) have NOT received the mail correspondence which went out in early March and again in June, please send brad_goettemoeller@hp.com an e-mail with your address information. We will update our mail list to be sure you get future mailings. The Vantage Point Newsletter was in fact planned to be re-introduced in April. The decision to delay Vantage Point was made because of an increase in the scope of the plans for this years Users Conference which took a higher priority. Given your feedback over the past several months, our expectations for this years Users Conference is for an even bigger and better event than last year! As we look ahead to future CoCreate user activities and communications such as user conferences, newsletters, etc... I would like to ask that you please provide Brad with your inputs and ideas. It will be your inputs that will help us as we set the priorities for these programs. A good example of how your feedback helps us was the selection of a location for this years conference. There were several good suggestions for a location that came in on our web survey forms (including Virginia - thanks for sending your information Joyce!). Keystone was, however, a clear majority winner by the choice of the over 80 customers that responded. In addition to an annual central event (wherever that may be), we would also love to see more interest and activity in driving the evolution of more local users events. This, by the way, was also an area of interest from user feedback. We hope to see you all at this years conference!!