CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-16-2011, 05:53 AM

Custom Geometry

Hello Everyone!

I just started using CoCreate Modeling Personal Edition and I immediately got into troubles. What I want to achieve is to build a 3D model of a Winston cone (http://scienceworld.wolfram.com/physics/WinstonCone.html). But I didn't find a way to create a custom geometry, like the two parts of a parabola with the additional rotation to produce it. Is there any way to do it with this software and how would I approach it? If not, do you happen to know any software that is capable of doing this (preferable would be a possible import of that model into CoCreate then and/or freeware)

Nils
Old 06-17-2011, 08:56 AM

Re: Custom Geometry

Hi Nils,

In the "Spline" section of the "Contour" menu, you can find a Function command. This will allow you to create geometry based on a mathematical function. Keep in mind that it creates the geometry in mm, regardless of what the current system units are. Once you have created the closed geometry, you can revolve it around an axis to create the 3d body.

Hope this helps.

-Gary