CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > Annotation

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-26-2010, 07:18 AM

Question Part Size (LxWxTh) in BOM?

Has anyone succeeded in adding the physical dimensions of parts into the BOM in Annotation? Our standard BOM always shows the length and width of plates, and I want to know if it is possible to register a BOM attribute that will either (a) inquire the value of a 3D Documentation dimension to get length/width or (b) use the Area value from the statistics report or (c) read a parametric relation variable that measures length/width. Any ideas??
Old 01-27-2010, 01:04 AM

Re: Part Size (LxWxTh) in BOM?

We add dimensions as attributes to the model which get transferred to the modelmanager database. You can access this information, so yes it is possible. Xandorra (the dutch reseller) has a module you can use to setup this functionality (you can assign directions to a model which it uses to automatically calculate the dimensions based on the part size. Whenever you change the model the data dimension data is updated automatically).

If you do not use modelmanager you have the option to make your own BOM-scan which gathers all the required data from wherever you want. This procedure is not that easy to write though. As far as I know there is no way you can create your own function for retrieving this data which gets called by the default BOM scan procedure. This would be the easiest way to do this, but I don't know for sure if this is possible or not.

I'm pretty sure it cannot be done without some lisp customization.

Hope this helps

Regards,

Marten
Old 01-27-2010, 10:30 AM

Thanks for the feedback. I will look into the Xandorra module. I've been trying to write the Lisp to customize our BOM but it is a pain... and I still don't know how to access length and width versus area or volume of a part or face.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:00 PM

I've never heard that kind of function, I supposed even you can achieve this with lisp, a lot of manul adjustment works still needed.
Old 01-28-2010, 05:45 AM

I'm not sure this is even possible without ModelManager and the BOM editor.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:44 AM

After checking into this, it appears that Model Manager is required to use the Xandorra add-on, which is the only current program capable of adding part dimensions to the BOM. Otherwise, it's strictly manual programming.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:23 PM

Unhappy Re: Part Size (LxWxTh) in BOM?

My understanding is the most difficult thing is how did you find which dimension is your target? is that able to be done by software automatically?
On the another hand, I supposed you need to set flag manually on your dimesions so that the program can find this flag. What do you think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcarter View Post
After checking into this, it appears that Model Manager is required to use the Xandorra add-on, which is the only current program capable of adding part dimensions to the BOM. Otherwise, it's strictly manual programming.

Tags
bom, length, relation, width