CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Enhancement Requests
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-22-1998, 09:05 PM
psb

Plotter/printer control via macros with use of WIN

I am tired of the windows way to create plots... I want the possibility to control any printer/plotter settings with use of the ME10 macro programming language. I want to build macros so it is possible to make any "standard" plots with use of ex. 5 corresponding macros. ( 1 macro for A4 prints. 1 macro for A3, 1 for A2 etc.) These macros are simple to recall from the keyboard or tablet/menus. Ex: First i generate a A4 print on the LaserJet printer. Then I generate a A2 plot on the DeskJet plotter. Then I generate a A3 print on the LaserJet. Then .....Mostly I do this 15-40 times a day, and so do my colleguas too. And every time i want a print/plot starts the print manager with the default settings on my local machine. Then I have to CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK CLICK befor my plot is generated...... So please develop a tool, so it is possible to take control over the print manager via ME10 the macro programming language.. (As I could with use of UNIX) Kind Regards Poul S. Berthelsen