CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > Enhancement Requests

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.80 average. Display Modes
Old 11-05-2002, 03:57 PM

Drafting - icons for commands

I would very much like to have pre-defined icons for all the commands that lend themselves to having icons. Designer and Annotation have icons for most of their commands and I enjoy having the ability to EASILY customize my toolbars. While Drafting allows icons to be created, I would prefer not to have to create them all. Some of the commands already have icons so it is clear that the capability is in place, just not the icons and associations for them.

This is one of the things that will make many individual users happy (and their managers by extension).

-Reid
Agilent Labs
Old 11-06-2002, 08:24 AM
Administrator

I would add that the icons used in Drafting and Annotation should be the same or at least similar. It should be fairly easy to take the icons from Annotation and map them to the Drafting package for comparable functions.
Old 11-07-2002, 12:36 PM

I guess I should clarify myself just a bit. It makes more sense to have CoCreate directly associate appropriate icons to each of the Drafting commands rather than each of the several thousand (or however many) individual users of Drafting out there. I bet that one software person could do it in less than few days. In the meantime, I'll work with the Annotation and Designer icons.

Ciao!

-Reid
Old 11-07-2002, 01:37 PM
Administrator

I was suggesting that CoCreate should use the Annotation icons for drafting, not that Reid should have to do this himself. I just don't want to see some future version of Drafting with icons for all the functions but they don't look anything like the Annotation icons for the same function.
Old 11-08-2002, 10:28 AM

I fully agree. I am a UNIX, Windows, and Mac user and one of the tremendous advantages that Mac software used to have was consistency in interface. That is one of the good things now about Microsoft and Adobe software products - relatively consistent, familiar interface design between products from a single vendor. I look forward to CoCreate heading in the same direction.

-Reid
Old 03-24-2003, 01:43 PM

Drafting - icon for commands

While they're making the icons match, could CoCreate please make the USER INTERFACES match between 3D and 2D apps wherever possible? Having multi-level undo in 2D would be splendid, and somehow they manage it in workplane 2D tasks.

Everything that can function and be represented the same in the two apps should be. v11.60 Drafting was a disappointment in how little commonality was added. (Haven't tried Annotation yet, but I'm guessing that hasn't changed much, either.)