Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > CoCreate Modeling

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-23-2012, 07:39 AM

part resolution

Hi,
What does the lower the resolution of the
from 1.0E-6 mm
1.0E-3 mm

The message I get when I perform the work with a lower resolution than what does?

"The resolution of the 'tube' will be changed from 1.0E to 1.0E-6 mm-3 mm. Please check the highlighted items"

THANKS
Old 02-28-2012, 12:34 PM

Re: part resolution

Usually, this happens when you are using a part or a workplane with a lower geometric resolution to perform some boolean function. The resolution of both parts must be the same.
Since it is not possible to increase the geometric resolution of an existing part, the part with the higher resolution is lowered to allow the function to continue.
Old 03-07-2012, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Swartz View Post
Since it is not possible to increase the geometric resolution of an existing part, the part with the higher resolution is lowered to allow the function to continue.
It's not easy to increase the geometric resolution of an existing part. I've got a minor obsession with keeping my parts at e-6. It can involve multiple iterations of saving to .sat (or oddly sometimes to .stp), reloading, growing face parts, reintersecting edges and faces, recognizing blends, changing/deleting/recreating blends, deleting/inserting faces, and reintegrating. While I've got nothing tangible to show for it at the end of an occasionally long and frustrating process, I get a certain amount of satisfaction from a successful improvement of resolution.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:36 AM

It is really irritating that the whole process of increasing a part's resolution cannot be automated.

I tried all the available save formats that Creo Elements can actually load and the best by far was the .sat format. Sigh.

[ It also irritated me that I can save out a part as a Creo/ Elements/Pro expert mode file and then I CAN'T LOAD THAT FILE BACK IN!]
Old 06-06-2018, 08:28 AM

I may be on the edge of a flip-flop. I've spent many hours bringing parts up to e-6 resolution, and brow-beat others into upgrading their models, and upgraded other's models. I've finally got to ask though, has anyone ever been burned by having a model that they just lived with at e-4? Any bad outcome from a model that was e-3. Lots of models I'm importing lately are coming in the 3.0e-2 range, and I wouldn't be surprised if there were models in our system that are approaching e-1.

What headache am I inviting by turning a blind eye and just living with these horrible low-res parts? Sure I've got irritations at Boolean, clash, etc., but are my parts going to be built wrong? I'd love to hear your tale of woe...