CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Support > Customization

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-27-2004, 12:54 AM

Hi Joseph,

... and as I said you have to CALCULATE the axis point. I mentioned the workplane inquiries. Have you had a look into this documentation? There you see that the values returned are 3d points and vectors. Based on these data you can calculate the axis point.

Dorothea

BTW (* 180 (/ pi 180)) == pi
Old 05-28-2004, 01:15 AM

Thank you Mr. Dorothea,
But, I don't why I am not able to do so.
my problem is How can I chage a 3d-point to 2d-point.
what is the code for it?

Can I sweep a geometry by giving two different paths at a time.

Thanks
Joseph
Old 05-28-2004, 07:33 PM

Dear all,
Please any body help me in this reagard.

1. How can I chage a 3d-point to 2d-point.

2. I want to create a New Plane which is Perpediular to selected Face of my Part and that to I have to fix its origin by giving my coordinate.
i.e
If I select a face then the WP should come Perpedicular to the face and it should ask for a point for Origin of WP to be created.
Old 05-29-2004, 01:41 AM

Joseph,

small hint: Dorothea is NOT a male name .-)

I'd second Dorothea's recommendation to first read the online documentation for the Integration Kit. You will probably find ways to improve your current code or attack the problem in a different way.

Claus
Old 05-31-2004, 09:05 PM

Dear all,
Thaks to all of you, now I am able to write and execute aome tiny programmes now.
My dialog box should contain intially two variables.
Reactangle and Circle. If I click Rectangle button it should expand and show first point and end point.
where as Circle, it should give center point and radius (Here Ceter point of circle and first point of Rectangle are same)

and also there should be an option :mutual-exclusion bet'n circle and Rectangle.

In the case of expand-shrink I not able to use :mutual-exclusion.

Please suggest me what should I do.

Thanks you all people.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:13 PM

Pl. Help me any body

Dear all,
Please help me any body.

PLEASE ..... PLEASE ......... PLEASE .............
Old 06-01-2004, 09:27 PM

Again, why don't you simply read the documentation on sd-defdialog? If you go to the section on expand-shrink, you'll find explicit examples (including code) which show how to display different sets of variables depending on the value of other options/buttons. Simply adapt one of those examples to your needs.

Hope this helps,

Claus
Old 06-02-2004, 10:16 AM
Administrator

Re: Pl. Help me any body

Quote:
Originally posted by joseph_z
Dear all,
Please help me any body.
PLEASE ..... PLEASE ......... PLEASE .............
I understand your frustration, learning LISP and Modeling customization is not easy, even for people with experience programming other languages.

However, you need to understand that nobody is getting paid to answer your questions here. Everyone posting here does so voluntarily, often on their own personal time. It takes a lot of time and effort to post answers to questions such as yours, and I think Dorothea did more than most people would have trying to help you. You can't expect someone to teach you LISP programming via this forum, or to write custom code on request.

If you can't figure it out from the documentation and whatever help you can get here, you may want to contact CoCreate about training. Another option is to contract the work out to an expert. CoCreate does have some customization services. You might also consider posting a note here asking if anyone would be willing to develop the code for a fee. Many of the people who follow this forum are independent contractors who might want the work.
Old 06-08-2004, 07:53 PM

Dear Mr. John,
I really very sorry for making you so uneasy.
But, one thing that today I am making some programmes by using only yours favourable help. I am really happy that now I can able to write some codes. From now I realised that persons of this forum were sacrifised their so much valuable time for helping me in this regard.

I request you to please consider me as a child in LISP.
My employer is not at all interested in Customization of OSD.

When I am getting leisure time then I am learning and working on customisation part.

I don't know why I am really unable to get the Help from Documentation.

also I am not having any Programming backgroud. Still now I worked on OSD and AutoCAD.

Please suggest me in what way could I become a good Customiser of OSD.

I am awaiting for your reply . . .

Joseph
Old 06-08-2004, 09:31 PM

Not sure if I understand you correctly - are you saying that online help does not work with your installation of OSDM?

The online documentation on the Integration Kit (or "Developer Kit", as it is called now) is really your best source for information. In addition, there are plenty of resources on LISP out there on the 'net. My favorite recommendations are:

These are the sources I would consult first for learning more. There are, of course, also good commercial books on learning LISP. Amazon lists about 10 books on Common LISP; Paul Graham's "ANSI Common LISP" is probably not a bad choice if you don't have much programming background.

Claus
Old 06-09-2004, 09:37 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Please suggest me in what way could I become a good Customiser of OSD.
If formal training or contracting is not an option, then I have no suggestions beyond those made by Claus and Dorothea. The standard Modeling install provides lots of documentation on the Integration Kit and writing customizations in LISP, but it is mostly reference type information and not that easy to learn from. To access this documentation, click Help, On Product, then scroll down to the "OneSpace Designer Developers Kit" link. The documentation files are located under:

<install-dir>\help\Common\documentation\integration_kit\

So you can search this folder using standard Windows "find files containing text" options to find documentation on specific commands.

CoCreate does teach a formal class on this topic. If you cannot take the class, you might want to contact your CoCreate representative about obtaining the class materials. This might be the best self training option.

You are free to continue asking questions here, but as I said you will have to understand if nobody answers since it is all voluntary. If you have a support contract with CoCreate, you can always submit your questions through those channels in which case someone is getting paid to respond.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:45 PM

Mr.James,
Thanks for the suggestion and I am trying to get the material from our CoCreate Representative.

One thing... what is Dynamic Relations Module.
I have seen in OSD but it is having so many other modules but it is not there. is it a Module or a different interface.
Please tell me any body.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:16 AM

Hello Joseph,

You can find some information in the help under the following link:

.../help/english/pesd.ht/concept/sdcdynrl.html

Hope this helps,
Dorothea
Old 06-15-2004, 01:37 PM
Administrator

Quote:
One thing... what is Dynamic Relations Module
Dynamic Relations is the old name for what is now the "Assembly" Module. It is a way to define relationships between parts in an assembly so that if one part moves the rest will move according to those relationships. It can be used to do simple mechanism simulation, but is not a true Kinematic analysis tool.

There is also a "Parametrics" Module which allows similar relationships to be defined between features (faces, edges, etc) within a single part.

Both of these can be activated from Application, Modules but require a separate module license. See the file indicated by Dorothea for more details.