CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Annotator

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-10-2001, 11:26 PM
Andy

plotting defaults

Hi everyone!

We have an HP750 plotter, that we use for plotting on A2, A1 and A0 formats

I've installed it three times on some machines, with different documents settings, so when a user needs to plot from annotation in the A1 format just choose "plotter_a1" at the print manager prompt, after the plot command, and he doesn't need to set also, horizontal,...etc

The problem is that anytime I try to plot, at the print manager prompt I try to choose the plotter-installation with the format that I need as default (for example the A1-orizontal...), but it seems that the system resets all the settings, to the A4,...

Is there anyway to force Annotation to use the specific defaults that I've set, without resetting all the print manager mask??

Thanks anyway

Old 05-12-2001, 05:22 AM
karl-josef wernet

re: plotting defaults

I guess you are no Windows-Platform. This is a problem of Windows. Your default-printer is set to A4-format. Every time you change to the print-manager this default-printer is initialized with all the parameters. If have to set the printer as the default you are using mostly. On ME10 there is a good tools meprint to provide the settings. Maybe someone makes it available on Annotation to.
Old 05-14-2001, 01:33 AM
Andy

Actually we work on WinNT platform, but I was wondering if there was any kind of work-around to be used for control the settings of the print manager directly from the Annotation Module. Thanks anyway.
Old 05-22-2001, 02:16 PM
John van Doorn

Hi Andy,

There is an 3rd party application available that does exactly what you want, have a look at a previous posting:

http://www.cocreateusers.org/scripts/Annotator/reply.idc?ID=85

If you need to have any information on this product you can either email me or info@csi-seattle.com