CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > General > Web Site and Forum Info

View Poll Results: Should we add a separate "Data Exchange" forum under the Support category?
Yes. Add a new Data Exchange forum. 4 80.00%
No. We don't need a new forum for this topic. 1 20.00%
I have no opinion one way or the other. 0 0%
Voters: 5. This poll is closed

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-10-2006, 09:36 AM
Administrator

Add A "Data Exchange" forum under support?

I received an Email suggesting that we add a new "Data Exchange" forum under the Support category. The text of the Email is below. I'm not sure there is a need for a new separate forum since data exchange topics can be discussed in the Modeling or Drafting forums, but I don't have any objection to adding one either. So I thought I would put it up for a vote. Please post any thoughts you have on this topic and vote once you are ready. The poll will close on Sept 9, 2006.
Quote:
CAD Data Exchange
Written by David Prawel
September 2004

Management sometimes understands the cost of poor data exchange to the business, but very few attempt to measure it. Though managers understand the significant direct costs and hidden losses in opportunity associated with poor product data exchange, they often ignore these costs, which are then passed on to the program or project.

Instead, management should consider implementing a cross-functional interoperability team. And since good methodology can prove highly valuable, this team should be empowered to develop and implement policies and processes for interoperability. A simple private message board used by experienced engineers to share best practices and make suggestions can also help such a team. These have helped reduce data exchange costs, since success rates appear to improve dramatically between engineers experienced in its pitfalls.

Read the full article:
http://66.195.41.10/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=64

Adding a new forum called Data Exchange under Support maybe might be helpful to CoCreate users? Just a suggestion, take it or leave it. Let me know what you think.