CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Annotator

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-12-2002, 12:26 AM
Mike Swartz

Plotting a PDF file

Those of you who have upgraded to OneSpace Designer version 11.0 and also installed the OneSpace Server will find an additional bonus. The OneSpace server installation includes a generic PDF print driver. You can use this driver to plot your drawings and save them to a file. Give these plot files a .pdf extension, and you will be able view your drawings with an Acrobat viewer. I have already sent in enhancement requests asking that this driver be included in future releases of Annotation, and ME10. Give it a try. Mike
Old 02-12-2002, 03:39 AM
Jim McKim

re: Plotting a PDF file

Good move on the enhancement request, Mike. We often have a need to create pdf files from MI, and currently have to output them to a .prn file, then use the freeware "GSview" (Ghostgum) to get a pdf file. There's no reason CoCreate can't build this in. -Jim
Old 02-14-2002, 08:05 PM
ANDY

Where can I find specific datasheets about One Space Server? I have not been able to find it on CoCreate's web page. Thanks in advance.
Old 02-18-2002, 02:52 AM
Claus Brod

Hi all,

frankly, I have my doubts whether CoCreate should get into the printer driver business. (This is my personal opinion, not a company statement, of course.) There are inexpensive solutions out there, such as FinePrint's pdfFactory (http://www.fineprint.com/software/pdffactory/standard/index.html), and Adobe probably also has a solution for printing PDF files. Other vendors: VisageSoft, Archisoft, Amyuni, Neevia and others. See also the list of related tools at www.pdfzone.com, including freeware and shareware.

Google is your friend 8-)

Claus
Old 02-18-2002, 06:41 PM
Walter Geppert

For the creation of PDF-files we use Acrobat Distiller, which works just like any other printer in the network. The only disadvantage is, that ME10 and Annotation give no possibility to rename the output file or to redirect it, its always "ME10.pdf" in the "PDF Output"-folder. Maybe the CoCreate wizards know some secret commands for this.
Old 02-20-2002, 02:08 AM
ray dauphinais

hello: User Group

Anyone needing a ready-made ME10-to-PDF solution should go to:
Accurate Consulting and take a look at PDFAssistant.

PDFA manages ANSI and ISO formats and outputs them in both
the correct size and orientation and with the correct filename.

This is an extremely elegant solution to this problem.

ray dauphinais
:: industri-art design ::
['-']
i a d