CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > CoCreate Drafting

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-21-2002, 06:32 AM

Change scale of complete ME10 dwg to FULL Scale

I originally sent the below as an e-mail to the ME10 Users Group on Friday, 10/18/02. The e-mail may have been down then so the group may have not received it. Hence I am adding it to this new forum. Apologies if you have already gotten it via e-mail.

Since I sent a few questions out to the group concerning this issue and received a lot of good feedback, I felt I would share my end resulting macros with all. Hope the attachement comes thru

My primary purpose for the need of these macros was to perform some up front work in ME10 on ME10 files before translating them to ".dwg" files for loading into AutoCad. We need to generate a Customer Documentation Package for a customer. This customer has rigid drawing specs and as you might guess they are all AutoCad specs. One of the requirements is that the drawings be done in AutoCad to 1 : 1 scale. Thus the Drawing Border, Dimension Text, Note Text, etc all has to be scaled accordingly so that when printed out to "D" Size, (24 x 36 inch), paper everything will look good. Those familiar with both ME10 and AutoCad know what I mean. Since our machines are quite large, most all of our assemblies and a good amount of detail dwgs are done at a scale smaller than full scale and all of our drawing borders are SYMBOL parts at 1 :1.

Hence a macro that would turn all Symbol parts back to Normal parts using the KEEP_DISPLAY option and then change the DRAWING SCALE to 1 and have all of the TEXT, DIMENSION TEXT, LEADER LINE ARROW HEADS, DIMENSION ARROW HEADS to the correct size according to the dwg scale change and then lastly remove the Drawing Border/Title Block, before we translated it, would save us some time. ME10 had no built in commands to allow this to happen so the macros were needed.

The file, (see attached), with the macro set I have configured to do this works, BUT:

1. It will change all LEADER LINE ARROW HEADS to a size of .2 x the Scale Factor. I could not find a way to identify the position of each leader line on the drawing so I had to use the most common size arrow head my company uses on drawings. Down side to this is that larger leader line arrows, such as those used to create SECTION LINE arrows will get converted to a smaller size. I had to quit concerning myself with this since I had to get on with it. If anyone out there knows of a way to accomplish pinpointing the location of leader lines on a drawing so each one can be addressed individually, I would greatly appreciate it if you could share that knowledge.

2. It will change all DIMENSION TEXT to a size of .125 x the Scale Factor. This works for me since all of our dimensions use the company standard of size = .125 inch. If you use multiple dimension text sizes on your drawings then you will need to enhance the macro where this takes place.

3. It will change all DIMENSION ARROWS to a size of .2 x the Scale Factor. This works for me since all of our dimensions use the company standard of arrow size = .2 inch. If you use multiple dimension arrow sizes on your drawings then you will need to enhance the macro where this takes place.

4. The PART NAMES of our Border/Title Blocks surely differ from all of yours. So in the macro where I search for parts with the names of our standard borders, you will need to change this.

I hope this macro set will be of use to some of you. I can't believe I'm the only ME10 user that runs into this problem. Thanks again to those who replied to my original questions with helpful answers.
Attached Files
File Type: txt me10_to_ful_scale_no_tb.txt (4.0 KB, 836 views)