CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Old NewsGroup Archive > Archive Forums > Annotator

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-20-1999, 04:49 AM
Jim Kuchar

view settings

I am in the process of customizing annotator for our company. I have had a problem with various view setting. I have set all the dimensional units and viewport units to inches. When I create a section view the section line, section line arrows, and section labels are huge. When I create standard views the text on the bottom of the views is huge. When creating detail views the phantom line created around the detail selection is very thick and the labels of the detail view are huge. How do I customize these text sized, and line sizes? I couldn't find anything in the help menu's
Old 02-22-1999, 02:02 AM
Wolfgang Traetner

re: view settings

Hi Jim, You're starting Annotator in inches, right? Have a look to am_customize file. The values in there are then used in inches, and a little too big. copy am_customize to your start dir. Insert "(units 1 :mm) (units 1 :deg)" as the first line and append "(units 1 :inch)" at end of am_customize. Now all values are used in mm and after initializing SD/AM runs in inches. Is it OK now? Have a look to the function (config-detail with the keywords :docu_detail_border_size :docu_detail_label_size. But I think all is going well with my first answer. Didn't you find the file ..../help/english/pesd.ht/am/amappxb.html??
Old 02-22-1999, 03:27 AM
Jim Kuchar

re: view settings

thanks for the information. I tried to add the lines "(units 1:mm)(units 1:deg)" at the top of the am_customize file and (units 1:inch) at the bottom of the customize file. I did this without changing any of the units in the section line and detail view setting. It didn't seem to work. I was still getting huge text. I removed the lines and changed some of the values in the am_customize file under the section view setting. I changed the values to be relative to inch units not metric units. That seems to work. It looks like I need to change all the values in the am_customize file to reflect the inch equivalent and not metric. I don't know why I didn't see that in the customize file to begin with. Thanks for the help. I'm pointed in the correct direction for the time being.