CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Support > System Administration

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2022, 04:29 AM

Closing the server with the licence CoCreate, moving to the local PC

Hello,

I need help setting up a Licence server for CoCreate ME10F rev 08.70. We must cancel the server on which the Mels application is installed. When I install Mels on a local computer that also has ME10F, the Cocreate license is not loaded when ME10F is started and it does not run.

What do I need to set up for CoCreate to find a license on the local computer?

Thank you and Kind Regards,

Frantisek
Old 06-24-2022, 05:36 AM

Lightbulb Re: Closing the server with the licence CoCreate, moving to the local PC

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasa View Post
What do I need to set up for CoCreate to find a license on the local computer?
The license server config file is connected to the MAC ID of your (former) host of the MELS. you need to change this ID on the PTC support pages to transfer the licence file definitions from your former MELS to the local computer (where the license server is now running on).

Jump to here: https://support.ptc.com/apps/licensePortal/auth/ssl/resources then choose "Exchange Password" .. and option "Move selected products to a new hardware (example: machine or security device malfunction)"...
Old 11-13-2023, 03:51 PM

Re: Closing the server with the licence CoCreate, moving to the local PC

we have just had an instance where our server died and we lost access to the old hardware.
we managed to recover the MELs file and the original MAC ID, i message PTC trying to get them to change the MAC ID over but didnt get a reply, but we found a way running a virtual machine through Microsoft Hyper-v and once you have the licence server installed in the VM add your MELs Conf file and you can spoof the Virtual MAC ID to whatever you want, so you can run the same MAC ID from the old pc/server on the virtual machine and you are away, bear in mind this only works if you are no longer running the original PC/server, as you cannot have 2 MAC ID's the same on a network