CoCreate User Forum  

Go Back   CoCreate User Forum > Applications > CoCreate Drafting

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-07-2003, 01:51 AM

ME10 11.65 inq drawing modified

Hello to everybody.

I am using Onespace designer drafting rev. 11.65 (in Win NT4 SP6 O.S.) with a strange behaviour.

I use a function to check if the drawing is modified. The function is:

inq_env 0 display (inq 4)

If I load a drawing the answer, of the function, will be always 0 (drawing not modified).

Then, I load a drawing and make some modification. Then the function answers with 1 (drawing modified). Well, now I save the drawing and the answer will be 0.

Now I load a different file and the answer of the function will be 1 (drawing modified)

Are there other users with this problem?

Thanks in advance for any suggestion. GiorgioL
Old 08-04-2003, 07:30 AM

Hi,

I tried it and it is exactly like you said - I think this is a bug.
Even if you save your own drawing and re-open it, it shows "1".

But if you tell me what is your purpose with the inquery of the modification modus, maybe I can help you how to work around.

S.Akyar
Old 08-25-2003, 06:26 AM

My goal is call the drawing by extension (.mi) but everytime you want change drawing ME10 asks if you want save the drawing (but nothing is changed!!!).
Thanks. GiorgioL.
Old 08-25-2003, 08:32 AM
Administrator

Can you describe the sequence of operations/mouse clicks you use to change from one drawing to another? There are several methods to load a drawing into Drafting, including methods that load the file into the current drawing. Whether or not this flag is reset may depend on how you load the drawing file, and how you get rid of the current drawing (delete all, New Drawing, etc).
Old 08-25-2003, 10:45 PM

In the standard installation of ME10 11.65 (OSDD 2002+) I can execute the program by double click on the icon associated to MI file (as a XLS file). If you click (double click) on more than one XLS files, however, you will open only one Excel program. With MI icons you open an ME10 program for each doubled-click icon. To avoid this you must change some in the connection between file and program (see img file). With this set you can view different drawings (only one at the same time) in the same ME10 program (save time to load another copy of the program). The bad thing is that every time you call another drawing (by double-click on the icon) the program asks if you want save or not the file. It is not a big problem but it is annoying!

Thanks a lot for any suggestion. Giorgio L.
Old 08-26-2003, 01:21 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by GiorgioL
The bad thing is that every time you call another drawing (by double-click on the icon) the program asks if you want save or not the file. It is not a big problem but it is annoying!
I assume you understand that you cannot have multiple drawings open in a single ME10 window as you can with Excel or other Windows apps. So it sounds like what you want to do is double click an MI file, load it into the current ME10 Windows, but don't prompt to save unless the current drawing has been modified. Is this correct?
Old 08-26-2003, 10:15 PM

Yes, it is.
A double click and quickly view the drawing with out any prompt. Then I can modified the drawing.
I know that is not possible view more than one drawing in the same ME10 session.

Regards. GiorgioL
Old 08-28-2003, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by GiorgioL
To avoid this you must change some in the connection between file and program (see img file)
Did you attempt to attach an image file? Looks like it didn't work. Can you describe how you modified the MI file type association so that double clicking an MI file loads it into the current Drafting session?
Old 09-01-2003, 03:32 AM

Oops. I missed the file.
I customized the association.
The old version call the program with this command:

"C:\Programmi\CoCreate\OSD_Drafting_11.65\me10f.exe" "%1"

The "%1" is the parameter to pass to the program (ME10)

The new one is:

"C:\Programmi\CoCreate\OSD_Drafting_11.65\me10f.exe"

Use DDE: Enabled
DDE Message: [Open("%1")]
Application: ME10F
Application ... : (Clean the field)
Topics: system

The translation could be incorret, but I have not an English OS.

I hope it is quite clear.

Regards. GiorgioL.
Old 09-08-2003, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Your instructions are quite clear, but it does not work for me. I can double click an MI file and open a new Drafting window containing the file, but if Drafting is already running double clicking a different MI file produces no response. Another odd thing is that I can't enter a command in the Action line without the %1 on the end. Windows seems to add it automatically if I delete it.

However, now that I understand your problem I don't think I can be of any help with solving it. This sounds like something that only someone from the CoCreate lab could explain. Unfortunately they don't seem to respond in this forum, so you might want to use whatever direct support channels are available to you.