View Single Post
Old 03-21-2023, 03:05 AM

Arrow Re: lost commands from 19 to 20 direct modeling

Now you mixed me up a little bit.

1st: you have started your question in the "Make Test Posts Here" Forum . But it is a clear Modeling question therefore is should have gone here:

Threads in Forum : CoCreate Modeling

Keep in mind for the future. For now it is easier to stay here.

=========================================

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIZIANO View Post
Thank you Wolfgang for your answer.
I have create some commands in minibar were i could choose or the part,or the assembly or the faces...

For my way to work i need to alternatively to click the icon for select a part and clicking that ("missing") icon to select the assembly were the part is contained and clicking again to select the assembly were the assembly is contained.
In the previous version there was something like this

I have not understand "adapt your start shortcut and append the parameter "-v" to the command"
So you have created some own "SD Available Cmds" ..
Question do you have them in you 20.5 version or only in your 19.0 ?

Assumption: you still do have them in your 19.0 Version. But you did not take over (all) your customization into 20.5.

The commands are stored in a file named "sd_avail_cmds.cmd" in you 19.0 customization directory e.g. C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\PTC\Creo Elements Direct Modeling 19.0\19.0\

Also you might have added those command to your ribbon bar at the top. Then a file sd_ribbon.lsp does exist in the 19.0 dir as well.

Try to take over both files in your C:\Users\%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\PTC\Creo Elements Direct Modeling 20.5\20.5\ (make a backup of that dir before to be able to go back)

This would be the step to take over some older customization when updating.

If I understand within 19.0 you have been happy with the setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIZIANO View Post
In the previous version there was something like this
May be take another screen shot, or 2.

-------------------------------

with the second part I am not sure: did it work in 19.0 as you liked it to, or is it a change / additional functionality you now would like to have.