CoCreate User Forum

CoCreate User Forum (https://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/index.php)
-   Web Site and Forum Info (https://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Calendar is seven years behind (https://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=8130)

kmac 12-14-2013 05:38 PM

Calendar is seven years behind

Did time stop due to these events?
- 2006: Takeover of CoCreate GmbH by HBK Investments
- 2007: HBK Investment sells CoCreate GmbH to PTC

It is 14-Dec-2013; clicking on Calendar brings up "December 2006". Tried the "show today" button with only the full month viewed. Changed to calendar mode: "weekly view" and 26-Nov though 2-Dec-2006 displayed.

John Scheffel 01-07-2014 10:09 AM

Re: Calendar is seven years behind

This forum is not being actively maintained anymore. I don't know why the Calendar does not work, but I don't think anyone is using it. It may be because the vBulletin software has not been updated in years except for security patches. Due to low use and the fact that the installed version seems to be sufficient I don't see any need to pay the upgrade fees.

Design-engine 02-04-2014 09:47 AM

if there is a maintenance issue with the website maybe PTC or someone would like to take it over and make it alive again. It is my understanding that the CoCreate product is not dead but alive in Creo Direct but this dead forum gives the feeling otherwise. I suggest to Kill the entire forum or make it alive and updated or pass it off to someone that can manage it.

tom kirkman 02-06-2014 07:42 AM

This forum is very active. It is the original users group that is not active. This is too useful of a tool to just arbitrarily remove.

PTC has a forum as well, it is no where near as user friendly as this one is.

Tom

John Scheffel 02-28-2014 10:41 AM

I would be happy to turn over this forum to someone who is willing to pay the yearly fees and actively maintain it. This forum has always been a volunteer effort, no one is paid to manage it or answer questions. Given the low use I don't think it is worth my time and effort to update it, but I think it contains a lot of valuable historic information about CoCreate and it's products. There are still a lot of people out there running old versions of the CoCreate applications who need a place to go for help.

There have been some discussions about migrating the contents of this forum to the PTC User Group, but some people have expressed concerns about it. You must register and login to even view the PTC forums, so information will not be found by search engines such as Google. The registration process is not automated and it can take days to get access after submitting your request. People have told me they like vBulletin much better than the forum software on the PTC User site.

But discussions continue and this may happen someday. If it does, we will probably close this forum to new posts and leave it online as an archive with pointers to the PTC User site.