CoCreate User Forum

CoCreate User Forum (https://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/index.php)
-   CoCreate Modeling (https://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Any solution ; Next button too far away. (https://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=6738)

wathavy 03-25-2008 08:27 PM

Any solution ; Next button too far away.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi.
I wonder if there is shortcut button for 'Next'. Or is there any workaround?
While I am populating threads, I need to go back and forth between the machine position and dialogue's Next button. How can I avoid shuttling between them? :confused:

P.S. I am moving the points closer to the dialogue using SpaceNavigator as well, but it is cumbersome work too.

Lim Chee Beng 03-25-2008 09:28 PM

Re: Any solution ; Next button too far away.

I hv not tried this, just an idea.... does it work if we program mouse buttons combination (e.g. left+right or double-click middle button) to issue :NEXT?
Or, can we define a function key (e.g. F4) to issue :NEXT? :D

Mike Swartz 03-26-2008 04:54 AM

For What it's Worth.......

You probably lost more time posting this thread than you will ever gain back by finding a shortcut to the :NEXT command.

clausb 03-26-2008 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lim Chee Beng (Post 19595)
I hv not tried this, just an idea.... does it work if we program mouse buttons combination (e.g. left+right or double-click middle button) to issue :NEXT?
Or, can we define a function key (e.g. F4) to issue :NEXT? :D

Indeed, some of the SpaceXXX devices have quite a few buttons, and they are freely programmable. So if you wanted, you could assign a :NEXT string (or whatever the dialogs require) to one of those buttons.

Claus

wathavy 03-26-2008 07:51 AM

Well, my SpaceXxxx has only two buttons which are already assigned to Ctrl and Shift.
For example, how can I assign :NEXT to F4 if I wanted to do so?
Would you elaborate it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike
You probably lost more time posting this thread than you will ever gain back by finding a shortcut to the :NEXT command.

Well, Mike I wonder what makes you conclude this manner, I could not speculate any reasonable cause. All I am afraid of now is to have pain in my shoulder again which are healing recently, thanks to Jaap.

Thank you for your attention.

clausb 03-26-2008 08:07 AM

:next isn't the right string to send, anyway. The local ops, for example, such as Taper or Move Face, expect :do_it, rather than :next.

Is :do_it the right input for all dialogs? I don't know, I didn't check. It isn't unlikely that :do_it will fail in certain dialogs.

Once you know what kind of input to produce, simply assign this input to a key using the functionality in Tools/Customize. For example, you can produce a new "Next" pseudo-command which sends ":do_it", and then you assign this command to a key.

BTW, another option that comes to mind is speech input.

Claus

Wolfgang 03-26-2008 10:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another idea might be to add a right mouse button context menu in ma_customize:

see http://osd.cad.de/index.en.htm -> Place Machining features...

since it's all the same for all holes I did the job within a loop for all known machining holes. I added more than just 'next' and reused some already existing icons.

Well, I do not know how other input devices react on/with (mouse-) RMB menus.

Wolfgang 03-26-2008 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clausb (Post 19601)
:next isn't the right string to send, anyway.... which sends ":do_it",....speech input.

In this case :NEXT is the right one! And there are other actions around which need an :apply for examples (but it is hard to search for, so I didn't)

So: not everything which is labeled "Next" does contain ":next" ;)

----
you will not find a generic solution, you have to distinguish on the action / command currently active (before shouting NEXT into the microphone :D )

John van Doorn 03-26-2008 03:31 PM

You could write a fnction that first inquire the current command
(sd-inq-curr-cmds)

Based on the result you could send the string :next or :do_it or whatever you need to send.

I haven't tried this but I guess it will work

John

wathavy 03-26-2008 05:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfgang (Post 19603)
Another idea might be to add a right mouse button context menu in ma_customize:
see attachment.

Works perfectly fine!!!!!!!
:D

Danke schön, Wolfgang.
It works so sweetly.

Wolfgang 03-29-2008 09:43 AM

The Machining Advisor command specific context menus are described (and available for download) at
http://osd.cad.de/lisp_3d.en.htm#48