PDA

View Full Version : Post Your am_customize files

John Scheffel
11-08-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Bob Zajeski (in another thread)
I'd like to see postings of am_customize files. I still have trouble getting Annotator to start the way I like to use it.
I think this is a great idea. If you have a personal or company am_customize file that you use to alter your default Annotation setup, please attach them to this thread. Until the day that CoCreate applications remember all your settings, use of customization files is the only way to change many of the defaults.

For those who don't know, to be loaded automatcially at startup you must place a file named am_customize or am_customize.lsp under your user profile directory. For a standard Windows install this is something like:

%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\CoCreate\SolidDesigner\sd_customize_xx\ANNOTATION

For 11.6, "SolidDesigner" has been replaced by "OSD_Modeling". %USERPROFILE% varies with Windows version and installation, but you can open a command window and enter "set" to see what it is on your PC. In later versions of Explorer you can just enter %USERPROFILE% in the Address line to go to the folder.

You can add a command like (display "loading my file") at the top of the file to verify that the file was loaded.

To get the ball rolling, attached is the am_customize template file that we provide within Agilent. Everything in it is commented. The idea is to make it easy for users to customize their setup by just uncommenting lines. This file is the result of years of user questions and represents the effort of many users and support people. I hope you find something useful in it.

Wolfgang
11-09-2002, 08:52 AM
Just one more tip, after I looked into the am_customize file John uploaded:

am_tmp_auxiliary_lines_setting is a normal dialog (which is not mapped into the UI) you can simple call it on cmd line.. and you can call it more easier with:
(am_tmp_auxiliary_lines_setting :enable :on
:arc_included :on
:add_view_angle :off
:color :rgb 0.5,0.5,0.5)

Michael Kahle
11-14-2002, 05:45 AM
You can simply save all your settings to an environment file.
Within that, you will find a lot (nearly most) commands to realize
your setting by copy them to the am_customize file.

Jim McKim
11-15-2002, 05:47 PM
That is what I usually do. I find it easier than trying to wade through the Help files on commands. Once I find the command in the environment file, I might use Help to see the options, which are not consistent. Some commands use ON/OFF, some t/nil, some use COMMAND/NO_COMMAND :mad: