PDA

View Full Version : License Server - Client Error: broken

BMaverick
07-03-2013, 05:40 AM
OK, got this very weird error this morning when I fired up CoCreate.

It mainly goes like this ...

----------------------------------
CoCreate OneSpace Modeling 2007

Connected to the License Server 'our-company-server'. There is no license available for the application.

Licensing Client Error:
Connection to 69.43.161.167 is broken
--------------------------------------

OK, I did a Whois on the internet and found that this company manages the site ...
ARIN, Castle Access Inc
9606 Aero Drive
Ste 1900
San Diego, CA 92123
Barlow, Mark + Savage, Denis netadmin@castleaccess.com
858-836-0200

So, what does this have to do with CoCreate ??? :confused:

BMaverick
07-03-2013, 05:53 AM
Found a little bit of info from this thread, but it's not totally applicable ...
http://www.cocreateusers.org/forum/showthread.php?t=7101&highlight=client+error

Anyone have other thoughts ???

Andy Poulsen
07-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Very strange, indeed.

I take it that the software is connecting to the wrong license server? You can manually override that without reconfiguring by changing the command line using the -MELSHOST xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx or -MELSHOST mylicenseserver.yourcompany.com to (hopefully) see what's going on...

I hope this helps!

andy

clausb
07-29-2013, 07:41 AM
Just guessing - maybe you specified the license server with a partial domain name ("our-company-server") instead of a full domain name ("our-company-server.our-company.com"), and due to changes in your DNS configuration, DNS now returns some external server out there instead of your local one.

To test this, verify DNS resolution by running "nslookup" or "ping" on the system where you run CoCreate Modeling. For example:

nslookup our-company-server

BMaverick
08-27-2013, 12:52 PM
Andy & Claus,

Thanks for the feedback. When our IT admin got back from a trip he stopped in the room and said, "Does anyone know that the server crashed and fried the MB?"

That's what took place. I did edit the command-line to run 15.50G using the backup license on the client computer rather than the server. So, I wasn't totally dead in the water.

PTC Tech support in CO helped our IT admin to bring things back together. :)