PDA

View Full Version : Part name

mloli
11-05-2002, 03:01 AM
Hi folks;
I need an help. I want to get part name and scale from annotation paper and put this info in my Company Format.
I think it is possible to do.
I see it with Cocreate formats, when you put it into a paper automatically I have part name and scale factor.
We haven't implemented OS with Work Manager.

John Scheffel
11-05-2002, 08:23 AM
The key to what you want to do is the "Text Reference". This is a tag placed on a text string that links it to another piece of information in the model. It is comparable to a ME10 Info.

For more info click Help, On Product. Follow links Annotation Concepts and User's Guide, Adding Text, Creating Text References.

Jim McKim
11-15-2002, 06:01 PM
To add to John's input, the things you can tag with text references are the drawing number, the total number of sheets, the sheet scale, the sheet number, and three others in the BFG group that seem to be related to a BOM (I haven't used these three). If you want to put the 3D part name automatically into the title block on a drawing, I don't see a way to do it using these functions.
I've seen one minor glitch with a text reference for drawing number: if, during the creation of a drawing, you change the VS owner after entering the drawing number, your drawing number entry is wiped out and you get "New Drawing" in the text field.

fox-myers
11-18-2002, 08:44 AM
The BFG group of text references IS related to the BOM functionality. You have to use the Scan Model command for Annotator to pull information from your 3D Model and make it available as a text reference. The three reference types are 3D part name, part quantity, and BOM position number. So after scanning the model you could get the part name (with underscores, hyphens, and all) into your title block. This functionality does NOT require WorkManager.

Originally posted by Jim McKim
I've seen one minor glitch with a text reference for drawing number: if, during the creation of a drawing, you change the VS owner after entering the drawing number, your drawing number entry is wiped out and you get "New Drawing" in the text field.
The issue Jim is seeing is due to the fact that when you switch your viewset owner while creating a new drawing, Annotator reruns the AM_SET_DEFAULT_DRAWING_NUMBER command. If you are using OSDM on windows, just right click in the drawing number field and pick the drawing number you wanted from the list of previously entered text. If this is really bothering Jim or any of the rest of you guys, please head over to the ER forum and post your request. :)