PDA

View Full Version : Saving Problem HELP!

Xtreme43v6
03-23-2011, 05:24 AM
Hello all i found this forum on google and i hope you can help me out. I am a teacher and am trying to use Co Create Personal on one of my classroom computers. My school is anticipating buying the program next year so i have one student piolting it this spring. The one problem i have is saving. When the student goes to save the computer instantly freezes but if i log him in under a teacher account it saves fine. My network tech has removed all the permissions off the C Drive. What else can i try. I want to make sure this works in my school and network before we purchase it.
FYI i also tried saving it to a flash drive, the desktop and to the network. No matter where i try to save it on a student account it freezes.
Thanks for the help

Mike Swartz
03-23-2011, 06:19 AM
PK2 and BD2 files are first stored to the specific users temp directory, (%temp%) where they are compressed into one file before they are stored into the directory that is selected.
Make sure your student account has a user temp area configured. Make sure they can store to this temp area. You can test this with simple text files and notepad.

BTW, this is not a problem with the software.

Xtreme43v6
03-23-2011, 08:19 AM
I know its not a software issue i just want to figure out what settings need to be changed so the program can work. My students really enjoy the program and i would like to make sure they can save to gather their work class after class.
Thanks for the suggestions

BMaverick
03-23-2011, 12:57 PM
As Mike had mentioned, you will need to ensure that the student has Modify, Read, and Write access to that temp folder/directory. If not, then the software can not save the file anywhere.

Have you gone into the software to locate where the files are default stored in the temp folder/directory? Are the privileges opened as mentioned for the student user ID like that of the teacher ID?

Xtreme43v6
03-23-2011, 04:42 PM
I will look into this asap. If all the temp files are available for the students use what could be another cause of the problem

Gary Brauch
03-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Xtreme, please check your messages, I sent you something.
Gary.

Xtreme43v6
03-25-2011, 08:12 AM
We are currently looking into the student edition but downloaded the free copy on one computer to try it out. This is the one we are experiencing problems with

wathavy
03-27-2011, 07:41 PM
What about simply applying your troubled student to be the member of the PC's administrator temporarily and see what happens?

Just my two cents.:)

Xtreme43v6
03-28-2011, 10:47 AM
I would do that but the school network tech will not allow it.

wathavy
03-28-2011, 03:07 PM
I would do that but the school network tech will not allow it.
:eek: :confused:

Well, I am the member of the Admins of my own PC not to the network admins.
I speculate your IT guys know the difference.:)

Mike Swartz
03-29-2011, 04:34 AM
Have your student log in, then open Windows explorer and enter %temp% into the address. Post the full path name to this address.
Then have the student try to create a new text file in this temp directory.
(right click, select new-->text document)
Post the results.

Xtreme43v6
03-31-2011, 08:48 AM
It says it has ben disallowed.

Mike Swartz
04-01-2011, 05:31 AM
Well, now you know your problem. Go back to your network tech and have him open up the users area.
All users need a user directory that they have rights to. This is true for many applications, not just CoCreate.
They need full permissions to %userprofile% and all of its sub directories.
(Windows Vista and Windows 7) C:\Users\<user login name>\
(Windows XP) C:\Documents and Settings\<user login name>\