PDA

View Full Version : Creating a spline?

tbombardo
11-12-2010, 06:06 AM
Hopefully this isn't something that's been asked already, but I'm trying to create a spline (which will be used to cut a shape out of a part, but I don't THINK that's important...) but the spline tool doesn't seem to be doing anything. I clicked the little help thing and it made it sound like this should be a pretty straightforward operation. Click spline-> click points you want your spline to travel through -> spline is created.

My experience with it though has been more like click spline-> click points but nothing happens and no points are created -> ask cocreate user forum (Creo user forum i guess now?)

is there anything special I should be doing?

I had written something else right here but made a little progress while I was typing this post, I'm able to get a spline to show up, but the points I use to create it are invisible so the only way I know where I clicked is by doing middle mouse button (which for some strange reason is a left+right click on my mouse) and then the spline shows up (not with points visible or anything, but it curves where the points were put down, as it should)

do you guys think this might be a graphics card issue similar to what i'm experiencing with selection boxes/crosshairs not showing up?

Mike Swartz
11-12-2010, 06:41 AM
my graphics "card" is labeled as Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family,

Intel mobile graphics do not support OpenGL. So, to answer both your questions....Yes, this is your problem.

Search this forum for SDPIXELFORMAT for a possible workaround.

tbombardo
11-12-2010, 07:09 AM
Cool, thanks for the help!

tbombardo
11-12-2010, 07:14 AM
update- well... It didn't work, but right now i'm not doing anything super precise (just some prototype ideas that are more design focused) so I can live with this for now at least... Thanks again