PDA

View Full Version : Mouse Select

jeremyjjbrown
11-11-2010, 05:19 PM
Noob question here.

I'm just starting out with CoCreate. There must be a way to activate a part in the viewport with a mouse click. I'm tired of wasting time context clicking part after part through the structure manager to choose what I want. I've already googled extensively.

Thanks...

phobia1
11-12-2010, 02:44 AM
Hi
When you say Activate a part. Do you mean select a part?
If you structure your model by Workplane its really easy to control everything. Coudl you be more specific by what you term activation.
Perhaps stick a file up so that we can see the problem.
Someone here will know the answer.
F

Lim Chee Beng
11-12-2010, 04:35 AM
Do you mean set part to be active part, or display/hide part in viewport?

Gary Brauch
11-12-2010, 05:05 AM
Just put your cursor on the vertex of the part you want to set active. When you do this, you'll see all of the edges highlight. Select this withe a left click and then right click to bring up a menu of what can be done to the selected part.
In that list is "Set Active".
Or you can put "set active" button on a toolbar, select that and then the part you want.

Shaba
11-12-2010, 05:35 AM
Trye also this great comand:

search_by_pick "parcel-gbrowser" "search-by-pick"

jeremyjjbrown
11-12-2010, 06:40 AM
Or you can put "set active" button on a toolbar, select that and then the part you want.

Thanks, now I understand the problem. I work with tubes mostly so they have no vertex (small oversight on the part of PTC). Were do I find the "set active" button. I've scoured the toolbars and I'm still not finding it.

jeremyjjbrown
11-12-2010, 06:48 AM
There we go! That's just what I wanted.

I had to go to Tools>Customize>Parts & Assy and add it to the list.

Seriously, why is that not in the default Part & Assembly tools?

Thanks Everyone!

jeremyjjbrown
11-12-2010, 07:00 AM
Trye also this great comand:

search_by_pick "parcel-gbrowser" "search-by-pick"

This works too, Thanks.

I'll bet this is the bound command for the "set active" button. Add it to the "Parts & Assy" toolbar if you want to save keystrokes.

Lim Chee Beng
11-14-2010, 04:44 PM
Thanks, now I understand the problem. I work with tubes mostly so they have no vertex (small oversight on the part of PTC). Were do I find the "set active" button. I've scoured the toolbars and I'm still not finding it.

It is pretty tricky when we try to select cylindrical and spherical objects with mouse click. One choice is to turn on "Show Properties" > "Vertices" option, then we can select on vertex to get the part. Actually, there are vertices on cylindrical and spherical objects too. ;)

Alternatively, we can change element selection filter to be "Part" instead of "All".