PDA

View Full Version : selection box

tbombardo
10-25-2010, 10:44 AM
Has anyone else had this issue?

For some reason I'm not getting a selection box showing up when I try to click/drag to select multiple lines/parts/whatevers so I just have to draw a blind square and hope I got the whole thing...

tbombardo
11-08-2010, 07:34 AM
Still trying to figure this out. Its kind of hindering me from getting things done

BMaverick
11-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Do you click on the NW pointing black arrow thingy first and then the box called START?

tbombardo
11-08-2010, 01:47 PM
yeah, I just tried that (hadn't before) , seems to do the same thing as before, things get selected, but the selection window/box doesn't show up. I was having the same problem in Google Sketchup and turning off graphics acceleration fixed it... no such luck with cocreate

by the way,
the only NW pointing arrow I have is a yellow one that looks like its pointing at a cluster of stars or something

tbombardo
11-09-2010, 05:43 AM
I tried this on my home computer and noticed something else. Here at work (on my laptop) in addition to the selection box not showing up, neither does the crosshairs on the mouse cursor... I feel like that should just be a setting or something, but can't figure it out...

Gary Brauch
11-09-2010, 06:00 AM
It is not a setting, probably a graphics card or driver issue.
What card and what driver do you have?

tbombardo
11-09-2010, 06:34 AM
It is not a setting, probably a graphics card or driver issue.
What card and what driver do you have?

yeah, I was kind of afraid of that... haha.

my graphics "card" is labeled as Mobile Intel 945 Express Chipset Family,

the current driver is the most recent one Intel has for this computer.

I also have problems when I try to "enhance realism" with the mirrored floor/grid thing. Parts start disappearing when I mouseover them, so I'm assuming this and my other problem are probably both related to the graphics card...

its too bad though, because overall, my computer (its like a 4 year old laptop) runs cocreate surprisingly well.

The company that I work for has said that they're planning to order a desktop computer and the paid edition of cocreate (when, however, is another question) so hopefully that should straighten everything out once I'm on the new computer.

Thanks for the help guys

tbombardo
11-15-2010, 11:36 AM
so , for whatever reason, when I opened cocreate today, the selection box and crosshairs were there...

weird

tom kirkman
11-16-2010, 04:10 AM
Are you by any chance using a 3d mouse or similar device? We have had this issue, and resolved it by re-zeroing the device.

Tom

tbombardo
11-16-2010, 05:15 AM
actually yes, I'm using a spacenavigator... maybe that was it. I never re-zeroed it (on purpose at least(?) ) but I did bring it home for the weekend and re-plug it in when I got to work monday... hmm

tom kirkman
11-16-2010, 05:41 AM
That would re-zero it.

This problem drove us crazy with one of our users. We finally decided to unplug the navigator and the problem went away. A few days later, the problem cropped up again this time we re-zeroed the navigator and never had the issue again.

Tom

tbombardo
11-16-2010, 07:40 AM
very strange... I would have thought it could have something to do with the fact that if you move it even slightly it shuts the crosshairs off and goes into rotate mode, but I think there are other things you can't do while you're in that mode that would have proved to be more problematic than just the absence of the crosshairs.
whatever the case, thanks for that Tom, at least now I know how to fix it next time if it happens again probably

BMaverick
11-16-2010, 03:50 PM
Oh, those SpaceBall/Navigator issues.

Mine is a Spaceball 4000FLX. It does strange things in CoCreate, but it sure beats leaning forward and holding down the CTRL key and clicking the mouse. LOL

rickythomas
06-22-2011, 11:37 PM
I am also searching for a solution to this problem, i found your post when i was searching for it.