PDA

View Full Version : How do I alter Line Width / Pen Size?

thegroover
04-20-2010, 03:13 AM
Hi , I'm trying to make my drawing lines thicker so they will show up on small images for putting on a blog , and Help seems to say there is a Pen Size menu command somewhere but I can't find it. I can find an Edge Properties that offers different kinds of line , but not one that will allow me to make a line thicker. Anyone know ?
Thanks

Gary Brauch
04-20-2010, 04:34 AM
I'm assuming you've made a 2D drawing and want to thicken those lines. If this is correct, open your Default Settings and edit your geometry settings.
You can see in the picture below that the standard line is set to .015. Thicken this up.

All lines created after changing this will have the new thickness, for existing lines, select the line (a group with a box) and then go into geometry properties and change the thickness there.

thegroover
04-21-2010, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the reply Gary , -I'm in Modelling , and the only settings I can find , Edit>Settings>Part , offer me four sizes up to 2.5 and I'm already using that. I think your screenshot is from Annotation and that's still a mysterious place to me !!
I'll keep on with the learning curve and get there sometime.

Mike Swartz
04-22-2010, 05:13 AM
The settings you refer to in Edit-->Settings-->Part modify the outline of a clipping plane. They have nothing to do with the part itself.

You can adjust the appearance of parts' clip lines and caps:
Cap Color: The color of the clip caps, or the areas of the model cut open by clipping planes.
Clash Color: The color of clashing, or an area of part interference.
Line Color: The color of the clip lines.
Line Width: The width of the clip lines, in pixels.

What lines are you talking about? Part Edges?
There are no settings to modify the thickness of part edges.