PDA

View Full Version : No Valid License?

bodeen
12-19-2008, 09:28 AM
I have dwonloaded and installed Personal Edition 2.0 twice now and the same thing happens every time I launch the program.
Before the program asks for registration information (as Christian Frank says it should) I get an error message that says there is no valid license and will not run the program.
I'd really like to see what CoCreate can do.:confused:

chuck

bassetteng
12-19-2008, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the reply Chuck.
Somehow I feel better now, my system still doesn't work but misery loves company.
I have a call into CoCreate, I have a feeling they're going to make me buy a maintainence package to fix a problem that seems to be theirs.

Bill

bodeen
12-19-2008, 11:43 AM
Thanks, Bill.
It is beginning to look like the "FREE" version is a hoax.
I'm just looking for a cheap CAD program.
Back to Google!

I hope someone from CoCreate reads this thread.

clausb
12-19-2008, 12:14 PM
Sorry to hear about your installation problems, but let me assure you that PE is anything but a hoax, and is used productively by thousands of people.

In the discussion thread at http://apps.cocreate.com/OneSpaceModelingPE/Secure/Forum/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=116&posts=1&start=1, you will find checklists which help with detecting connection/configuration issues which may interfere with license activation. In the same forum, you'll also find previous discussions about installation/activation problems reported by other users.

One "popular" issue is Spyware Doctor - on systems which have this software installed, PE won't be able to activate its license. We haven't figured out yet why this happens, unfortunately, and the only known workaround is to completely uninstall Spyware Doctor.

Hope this helps,

Claus