PDA

View Full Version : Model Manager installation to local?

wathavy
05-09-2008, 07:06 AM
Hi.
I have not yet gotten the product, but I would like to know if I need to install Model manager into the file server.

Is it possible to install Model manger at my own PC and use it explicitly?

This means that I install SQL server into my PC and run, as well.
I know it is not clever, but this will enable me not to argue with the guy in charge who did not buy this product innocently.

P.S.
I am sort of tired of not being able to publish meaningful 2D drawing after all the 3D job is done. And when I mentioned this I was criticized that I designed in 3D model. I guess this situation must be a joke. :o

mgb
05-12-2008, 10:04 AM
Toshi - If you want to install Model Manager, SQL Server and all servers on your local PC that is an option provided you have the appropriate permissions. If you do this then no one else has access to this data unless you give them access.

Designing in 3D is usually the best way to go. If 2D Drawings are required Annotation does a great job of helping you generate those drawings. - mgb

clausb
05-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Most people install just the Model Manager client software on their own PC, and run the server components on some other system which has lots of disk space and good bandwidth to serve a team of engineers. However, nothing stops you from installing all the required components (including the database) on your own system.

Claus

wathavy
05-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Thank you for kind information.
I asked for this, so that in case they don't have permission to let the guy in charge to work on this MM installation to their server.

Now, instead, they banned me to buy MM and BOM Editor, I got no clue.
No solution. ( Even though I got unofficial budget from the buying department representative.... I put budget more than enough for producing machine so there are extra money with it, that is even eliminated :o ).

I need to make a workaround to give BOM creation with annotation now.

Thank you for your response.
Best Regards.