PDA

View Full Version : Taking over viewset- utility

koninkske
12-14-2007, 07:18 AM
I think this is a very common problem for which i cant find a solution. I have a model A with viewsets and a drawing with the according views.

Now i want to take a copy B (completely same geometry) but with other sysid and most important : i want the drawing also copied and referring to the new viewset. In other words : the existing drawing from model A needs to be attached to the new model B.

In my opinion it should be possible to do it as there is an existing goodie who makes it able to attach manually a view set to a view.

I use this right now but its a waste of time and could be put in a macro and under a button.

Seperate from that : is there a faster way of copying a model and his attached drawing then manually connecting the views to the new viewset?

Gary Brauch
12-14-2007, 08:55 AM
Load Model A and drawing A.

Copy Model A and make it Model B.

Now in Annotation, select "Drawing" and in the bottom of that menu is "Attach Drawing". Select "To true Copy" and follow the prompts.

It will make a new drawing out of the A drawing and attach to the B model.

Gary.

May Kung
12-14-2007, 01:26 PM
Just make sure when transferring between Model A and B that both have the same parent. If you are doing this for nested assemblies, start with the highest assembly first and use Copy One Level before reattaching the parent first. Use Unshare One Level (essentially a Copy) for each assembly further down.

koninkske
12-16-2007, 10:39 PM
Thx for the help. It worked. Now i understand why there is no seperate button.