PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Share Position Default

gormie
10-30-2007, 02:29 AM
When sharing a part one is highly unlikely to want to have the new share in the same position as the source. So why not add a tick box so that the the position function is automatically enable once the source part is selected (and all the other variables filled weg name etc). Though this only another mouse click, it seems like a common sense move.

The tick box would be so that the user could select whether or not to use this automatic functionality.

With Copy one might want the resulatant part in the same position such as if you wanted to modify a standard part, or if you were using the likes of Model Manager then copying a locked part, to make a whole new variant.

This is a logical enhancement I see for Onespace Modelling 2007.

Lim Chee Beng
10-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Fully agree with Gormie. Furthermore, position is the only option after selecting source to share, so there is no obvious reason not to expand by default. Beside, after we click [next] in share menu, it should not shrink/change the position menu.

Michael Kahle
10-31-2007, 07:59 AM
Well, at least in V15.0 you can trigger a move immediatly inside the share dialog.

Lim Chee Beng
10-31-2007, 03:43 PM
Michael,
I'm not sure I understand correctly.
After selecting source in share menu, I must click the [Position] button, which I think the click is unnecessary. IMHO, the position menu should be activated and expanded automatically after user selecting source.

Michael Kahle
11-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Ahh, yes, I missed the point, that the tick box should trigger the move automatically for all sharing done in future as well...