PDA

View Full Version : Drawing application disabled

udunnojwm
10-17-2007, 06:27 AM
Hi,

My problem started while modifying the am_customize file to import some frames. I succeeded in doing this (I could open the drawing application and select the frames) but every time since this first time when I load cocreate I can't access the drawing application--it just isn't there in the menu. I first restored the am_customize file to the original, then uninstalled and reinstalled cocreate but I still can't get into the drawing application. What could I have possible changed that would linger around after the uninstall and cause this problem? Thanks.

clausb
10-17-2007, 07:36 AM
I'm assuming we're talking about the Annotation module here, which for some reason won't start up completely for you.

One thing to try out is to navigate to "c:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\CoCreate\OSD_Modeling\" and delete the data in that directory. Those are configuration files in which OneSpace Modeling and Modeling PE store "persistent data", i.e. settings which you may have done on the fly or programmatically.

Alternatively, you can also just simply rename the whole directory. Now restart Modeling PE and see whether this makes any difference.

If it doesn't, you'll have to dig a little deeper. For instance, you can add the "-v" option to the app's command line to get more detailled diagnostic output during startup. See http://www.clausbrod.de/OneSpaceModeling/OsdmFaqTroubleshooting#VerboseMode for details.

Hope this helps,

Claus

udunnojwm
10-17-2007, 07:58 AM
Thanks Claus that did the trick.

Wolfgang
10-17-2007, 10:39 AM
If such a starting problem just happens with a specific module it would be enough to rename/delete only the corresponding subdirectory. In your case

"c:\Documents and Settings\yourname\Application Data\CoCreate\OSD_Modeling\1x.yz\ANNOTATION"

that way you would loose not too much of your data. But it depends on how much you already customized or what else you stored into that directories. Temporary rename is a good method to break down which part is causing the problem.

And at the end, if still nothing helped, you can use the steamroller tactic and delete/rename ....OSD_Modeling\1x.yz\ dir