PDA

View Full Version : Functions that don't work properly for Cocreate PE

vcat2k1
10-07-2007, 08:27 AM
Dear Users,
I have been running into a couple of problems with the personal edition of cocreate and was wondering if anyone else is having trouble with these functions too:

Remove Helix
Unite Parts
Merge Parts

Every time I try to remove a helix to make a housing for a screw the removing axis is on the surface of the part and does not go through the hole I created. The help index does not help with this kind of problem.

Same with the unite and merge parts. Could someone explain how to use these functions?

Mike Swartz
11-08-2007, 07:48 AM
Actually, those functions work just fine in modeling PE.
You just need to learn how to use them.

When you create a helix (either by adding or removing material), you get the option of selecting your axis. The 3D copilot will assist you. Put your mouse over the surface of the cylinder that you want to create the helix in, and the Copilot will show you the rotation and the direction. If you hit the tab button, the direction will reverse. When you are happy with your choice, click the Left mouse button. Be sure to view the help files for more info.

In order to unite 2 parts, the geometry of the two parts must either touch, or overlap. You select one of the parts to be tool. The tool will be added to the Blank (by default the active part) If you de-select Keep Tool, your two parts will now be one. Again, the help file will show you all the options and limitations. Start the command, then select the question mark in the dialog box.

The merge command can be used when needed to remove edges from two surfaces that should be the same. You may see this type of edge on a part imported from another system.

harleypete
12-28-2007, 01:33 PM
Ok,

Well I appear to be having the same problems even down to the point of creating from scratch a cylinder with a hole in it then trying to remove helix to the inside of the hole.
i have tried all manner of variations in selecting the axis point of reference from the line at the top/bottom edge of the hole to the inside and outside faces all to no avail. I simply cannot seem to be able to create a screw thread no matter what.

If anyome can solve this dilema I would be grateful.
I am using the free edition of CoCreate Onespace Modelling PE.

Thanks

Pete

Mike Swartz
12-31-2007, 07:25 AM
Here is an example picture (with workplanes) for you to look at.
The triangle is what I used to cut the threads.
The construction line on the centerline of the hole is what I used for the axis.