PDA

View Full Version : Anti Aliasing in SolidDesigner?

John Scheffel
10-30-2002, 10:15 AM
I received this question from someone I support. I'm not sure if SolidDesigner supports anti-aliasing. Anyone know anything about this?
Is there any way to turn on anti-aliasing for SolidDesigner windows (and Onespace for that matter)? It is turned on for the graphics card I have (through the windows graphics settings), but I see no effect in SD.

clausb
11-13-2002, 03:24 AM
There are two major types of anti-aliasing:

Full-screen antialiasing
Edge antialiasing

The first type can usually be enabled in the graphics driver's control panel and affects all 3D apps, if memory serves me right. The second type requires explicit application support.

OneSpace Designer does not provide explicit antialiasing support as required for the second option. Full-screen antialiasing options might have an effect on OSD, but I admit I haven't played with such options yet, so this is just a guess.

Claus

Kurt Botsai
11-13-2002, 05:07 PM
What is the anti-Aliasing for? i.e. is this for screen dumps, or general viewing when modeling? If it is for screen dumps, try and turn up the Facet Accuracy in the part settings menu. This will make the surfaces look smoother, particularly on blends. Once this is done a high-resolution screen capture will generate a tiff file that should be quite good. (Note; this makes a BIG file)
If it is for general modeling, the base facet accuracy can be turned up as well. This will make all your parts look smoother to start with. Be careful not to turn it too high as spinning complex or multiple parts can be adversely effect proformance.

Hope this helps.

John Scheffel
11-14-2002, 08:37 AM
Thanks for the replies. I have passed them on to the person who asked the question. I have suggested that he may want to register and join in the discussion of this feature.